Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Conor do so good against Eddie, but was terrible with Khabib?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of it is simply that Eddie fought Conor's fight & Khabib fought Khabib's fight. If you've heard Eddie talk about his fight with Conor or his team talk about it it sounds like Conor got into Eddie's head big time cuz virtually everything Eddie & his team had planned to do he did the opposite. Eddie fully admits he let the moment get to him &/or he doesn't really know wtf happened to his brain during that fight.

Randomly anyone hear that Eddie signed with ONE Championship? That was weird news. I suspect when a guy leaves the UFC they'll end up in Bellator, but it sounds like ONE is making some bigger plays these days.

Comment

Money!!! Appeared to me that Connor was training his mouth more then he was training those hands and feet. The **** McGregor said to Khabib was some of the most outlandish and personal **** the man could have popped of at the mouth with. Khabib took that **** personal and McGregor was acting like it was business as usual. Immediately after ever press conference McGregor should have added another 500k on top of Khabib's purse and maybe he wouldn't have gotten beaten up so bad. If that fight had happened in a back alley I promise you Khabib would have snapped McGregor's spine.

Comment

Khabib wasn't willing to take a dive.

Eddie did the job for Conor which is why he never legitimately tried to take Conor down and ignored his corner's instructions completely.

Comment

I still think Khabib vs Ferguson and McGregor vs Pettis would've been better matchups, and if McGregor had won his fight then he could've faced the winner of the main event. It would've also been a 3 rounder against another striker (albeit with slick submissions) that also has a dubious gas tank.

I know the UFC and Dana White felt the Khabib/T-Ferg fight was cursed, but both fought that night lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
            I still think Khabib vs Ferguson and McGregor vs Pettis would've been better matchups, and if McGregor had won his fight then he could've faced the winner of the main event. It would've also been a 3 rounder against another striker (albeit with slick submissions) that also has a dubious gas tank.

I know the UFC and Dana White felt the Khabib/T-Ferg fight was cursed, but both fought that night lol
            Conor wanted to fight for the belt. And especially after the bus situation, no way was that fight going to be postponed.

Comment

Conor got beat and worn out, but his striking looked terrible. A long layoff and party lifestyle will do that.

I doubt he ever comes back to what he was. He is all about the money

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                A lot of it is simply that Eddie fought Conor's fight & Khabib fought Khabib's fight. If you've heard Eddie talk about his fight with Conor or his team talk about it it sounds like Conor got into Eddie's head big time cuz virtually everything Eddie & his team had planned to do he did the opposite. Eddie fully admits he let the moment get to him &/or he doesn't really know wtf happened to his brain during that fight.

Randomly anyone hear that Eddie signed with ONE Championship? That was weird news. I suspect when a guy leaves the UFC they'll end up in Bellator, but it sounds like ONE is making some bigger plays these days.
                Good, because they have the best rules, so maybe now they'll be getting the best fighters and fights as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontae She'marc View Post
                  Conor got beat and worn out, but his striking looked terrible. A long layoff and party lifestyle will do that.

I doubt he ever comes back to what he was. He is all about the money
                  Shocked he took that fight after 2 years off.

Comment

He was terrible in that fight.
                    Way to defensive and reactive not fighting his own fight.
                    Too worried about takedowns and his striking is the worst I've ever seen it.
                    Out of a his big fights that was his worst.

Comment

So now Eddie was old? lol I'm a casual but everybody told me this Eddie guy was going to mual Conor and the complete opposite happened.

To my untrained eye, Khabib is levels above both of those guys IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X