Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Jacobs get to the point where he's chasing Charlo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Jacobs get to the point where he's chasing Charlo?

Jacobs was the name middleweight with the momentum behind him after his close fight with GGG. He was supposed to go to HBO to fight GGG or Canelo.

Now he's chasing Charlo for a big fight. It should've been the other way around. How did Charlo surpass Jacobs as the hot name in the middleweight division?

My guess is that Charlo's fights are exciting and end in KO but Jacobs has been sort of dull lately.

Comment

Easy. Charlo mandatory Jacobs isnt. Jacobs won't get another shot until he makes himself Mando

Comment

Unfortunately Danny Jacobs is a good guy. The Charlos are going to be car crash tv a la Adrien Broner in the near future. In the social media world we live in that means money and popularity. He knows that after Golovkin he became roadblocked and if he doesn't stop one of these new kids from taking his place he essentially goes to the bottom of the pile and becomes an enforced gatekeeper. He has to try and force a fight sooner rather than later in order to stay relevant. I expect Charlo to slick around him and we end up with Jacobs Lemeuix or Jacobs Munguia.

Comment

And he could of fought Charlo when he was on showtime. Heard that was a fight they were discussing before he signed with HBo

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
            Unfortunately Danny Jacobs is a good guy. The Charlos are going to be car crash tv a la Adrien Broner in the near future. In the social media world we live in that means money and popularity. He knows that after Golovkin he became roadblocked and if he doesn't stop one of these new kids from taking his place he essentially goes to the bottom of the pile and becomes an enforced gatekeeper. He has to try and force a fight sooner rather than later in order to stay relevant. I expect Charlo to slick around him and we end up with Jacobs Lemeuix or Jacobs Munguia.
            Good explanation. I don't think he gets Munguia before Canelo if Munugia is moved right and sets up a Mexican vs Mexican fight.

Lemieux is a possibility but I don't see him takingb that fight unless Jacobs has a belt.

Comment

Jacobs has two losses I think it has something to do.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                Jacobs has two losses I think it has something to do.
                None since the GGG fight which did a lot forv his career. He was the hot thing at middleweight after that fight. Now it's Charlo

Comment

He doesn't have enough name value to make money fighting cans, nor land himself any good fights. Going after Charlo seems foolish though.

Comment

He isn't chasing because he needs the money. Doesn't like dudes loud mouth and wants to whip his ass.

Comment

Working...
                    X