Collapse
No announcement yet.

why are the heavyweights this ****?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume you guys havent been watching boxing too long .

Ive been since the mid 80's and can tell you ......

EVERYONE said the same thing THEN you guys are about the HW division as you guys are saying NOW.

Its for whatever a tradition to degrade all current eras , i cant have more perspectives on the other eras ,bc obviously i was too young or wasn't around but im sure this was just about always the case with the exception of Ali eras where he was the contraversial fighter of his eras and it was a new spin on the sport .

Anyone can tear down any era if they want too .

However ,this is an era of young fighters not at peak yet ,with at least 4 undeafeted top 10 guys ,and an already a unified champion . And the most olympic level talents in HW history that is just getting started .

Weak era ? I guess if you are on oxycotten . lol

I'll just give one example to show the double standard here :

G.Foreman ........ what would you guys say if 70's version fought today ( dont say you wouldn't bc you dont even consider Josua that good ,you know that 6'6 250 fast counter puncher )

This would be your guys assessment of big G.Foreman .......

( Look at this big slow stiff ,he leaves himself wide open, swings wildly and falls over the ropes when he misses . He has no stamina and he has no chin . He was dropped by Lyle and saved by the bell and little 210 pound Jimmy Young dropped him too ,and he cant punch through a wet paper bag and he lost,what a overated bum who beats guys who much smaller )

If you guys cant see what makes Joshua a mega talent or a giant southpaw fighting another undefeated K.O artist Wilder ( as delusional as he is ) intriguing , you aren't a HW boxing fan and thats not even including all the other HW 's on the rise .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-16-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      Whats wrong with Ortiz besides being old asf??
      Bad diet, fat, regardless of his age a serious heavyweight fighter shouldn't look like that, is that fair to say?

Comment

For real I think heavyweight division needs a cap at 225, allow the gigantic behemoth fatties and the rare exceptions i.e. an Anthony Joshua fight above 225 at super heavyweight.
        Heavyweight division would actually have heavyweights looking in good shape and hell who knows the cruisers might just move up and have a serious big say in who rules that division.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          I know a heavyweights gonna be slower but surely the technical foundation shouldnt change? Why is it that they are so awful? Or is the technical part of the game not so important at that weight?
          Apart from joshua they all seem to have glaring deficiencies, ortiz is slow as ****, weve all seen the clips of wilder windmilling and falling over throwing a punch, fury punched himself in the face etc.
          And is joshua even that special? what does he do technically thats so impressive or does he just benefit from being one of the only fighters whos in shape and has decent size and technique?
          It seems strange though that the cruisers seem to have that foundation but a few stone north of that the standard goes to ****.
          I know a lot of the americans go into the NFL instead but why arent we seeing the obvious talent that we see in other divisions replicated in the heavyweight division?
          This is because in the heavyweight division, size, physical strength and punching power are more important attributes than they are in any other weight division in boxing.

Whilst in other weight divisions, speed, athleticism and versatile boxing abilities are more important.

Even the most skilled heavyweight in the world is simply not going to be as skilled as the most skilled sub-heavyweight.

And the most powerful puncher at sub-heavyweight is simply not going to be as powerful as the most powerful puncher at heavyweight.

The heavyweight division is almost entirely a different sport altogether! Different attributes are required to succeed in the heavyweight division than in other weight divisions and vice versa. Being physically stronger with greater punching power is more likely to enable you more success than having more skills with far less punching power in the heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumdre Ward View Post
            Bad diet, fat, regardless of his age a serious heavyweight fighter shouldn't look like that, is that fair to say?
            If a boxer is at peak condition and performing at peak level. Does it matter how that boxer looks?

Comment

Working...
            X