Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeowners: what is the purpose of a giant backyard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    But that's not a million dollar home, it doesn't even reach half a mill. It's a little over $400k lol. And i've seen similar homes with similar backyards for mid $300k. I know there's a lot of maintenance that goes into homes and emergency funds needed, and if you get a pool that too. But this house doesn't cost like what a home that big would cost in NY, which would probably be like $1.5-2mill.
    that's what i'm saying some folks just want to buy acres size land with a small house so you end up with huge backyard or frontyard

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      Thats probably not anywhere near as big as it looks. They use a lense that makes rooms and stuff look huge but when you go see them they aren't.
      Ahh I see. So false advertising?

It says 0.52 acres

Comment

I wasn't a homeowner but when I was growing up we had a half acre. Soccer, football and my dog really.

And an upground pool

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
          that's what i'm saying some folks just want to buy acres size land with a small house so you end up with huge backyard or frontyard
          That house has a bathroom that is bigger than my bedroom

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            That house has a bathroom that is bigger than my bedroom

Hmmm not really my master bathroom is almost as big as that. Yeah my master bathroom is bigger than than my rooms upstairs.

Comment

My yard is one acre. I'm glad I have one now. People have different definitions of what a large yard is but for me I have plenty of room. I'm outside doing something every day. Today was removing undesirable hedges. I usually go back inside only after I've been cut or stung by an insect. Today I was cut and it bled quite a lot. The yard still needs work but it's getting close to my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                parties/get togethers, safe place for kids/pets to play. maybe extend main house.
                This.
                You could make a square and box on the grass(not even necessary). Just get wasted with your buddies for a big fight, put on gloves, & go at it in the backyard.

I did that plenty of times back in high school

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                  This.
                  You could make a square and box on the grass(not even necessary). Just get wasted with your buddies for a big fight, put on gloves, & go at it in the backyard.

I did that plenty of times back in high school
                  yeps. good times. someone also pointed out disposing of bodies

Comment

as someone who moved from NY to socal i can honestly say i love having a nice, decent sized backyard.

in NY they build stuff upwards, not wide. buildings, homes, lofts, studios are build like a goddamn rectangle, but have many stories. it felt cramped as hell. and there were virtually no "backyards" where i lived in NY. out here in cali the homes are nice and wide, sometimes with 2 stories. we have very nice front and backyards too.

backyards are great for entertaining guests/BBQ, playing with dogs, or just being outside getting fresh air without having to deal with cars and people like in the front yard.

Comment

My house is on a Cul-de-sac and my back yard is pretty big. Bigger than a full basketball court. The good, my four dogs get plenty of room to run(Chow, lab & two great danes). The bad, it is a ton of work to maintain. Lawn, weeds and clean up after the dogs etc. Like it now but there will be a day when I want a smaller yard.

Comment

Working...
                      X