Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Embraces Luis Ortiz vs. Dillian Whyte Final Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmamachine View Post
    Sick of all the Whyte is ducking Ortiz crap on here, Whyte ducks no one.

I'm not saying he's going to batter Ortiz I think it will be a close 50 50 fight but no way is Whyte ducking him.
    He ducked pulev a few months ago. It even got as far as purse bid, then he pulled out. Doesn't get any clearer than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
      Wtf are you on about? He got conned by the WBC who offered him place for second mandatory which means he could get a shot at the belt 2 years after Wilder fights Brazeale which hasn't happened yet and isn't even likely in the next 6 months if you need reminding.Also Ortiz had said he wouldn't be ready for the date Whyte had booked, which was strange as he managed to fight a bum on that date.

So he had the choice of fighting Ortiz for the above and peanuts.

Or he could fight Parker for waaay more money also considering he is guaranteed a shot at AJ and his titles (more titles than Wilder btw) much sooner than he is going to get Wilder. I'm pretty sure most had Parker to 'school' Whyte so it can't even be considered taking the easy option.

So yeah Whyte ducked Ortiz to fight a way more proven fighter and former World champ. Nothing to do with making more business sense/money or the WBC going back on him being 1st mandatory to protect Wilder.
      Even though Ortiz is much older, he has heavy hands, about 350 amateur fights, is a southpaw, and has the best skills over-all out of the top heavyweights. Whyte has a chance if he lasts the distance if it is in the UK, with their judges and ref, but doubt if he makes it that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
        He ducked pulev a few months ago. It even got as far as purse bid, then he pulled out. Doesn't get any clearer than that.
        that's different though, because it's okay to duck people in Bulgaria apparently

Comment

Let’s get’er done!

King Kong vs Body Snatcher

Would drink some VS to this epic battle!

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
            Even though Ortiz is much older, he has heavy hands, about 350 amateur fights, is a southpaw, and has the best skills over-all out of the top heavyweights. Whyte has a chance if he lasts the distance if it is in the UK, with their judges and ref, but doubt if he makes it that far.
            Whytes not pillow fisted either. I'd say Ortiz has a large amateur record but he never acheived much at all, he only acheived gold in the Cuban Championships 1 out 5 attempts, he couldn't dominate at national level and hasn't got an Olympic medal to his name. He might possibly be the most skilled but has not proved it against a worthy oppenent, it's easy to do thing against low level comp but doing it against the elite is another thing, it's like most boxers look elite on the pads but can't crry it into a fight. Ortiz is dangerous but I've not been he's this god killer some people claim him to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
              Whytes not pillow fisted either. I'd say Ortiz has a large amateur record but he never acheived much at all, he only acheived gold in the Cuban Championships 1 out 5 attempts, he couldn't dominate at national level and hasn't got an Olympic medal to his name. He might possibly be the most skilled but has not proved it against a worthy oppenent, it's easy to do thing against low level comp but doing it against the elite is another thing, it's like most boxers look elite on the pads but can't crry it into a fight. Ortiz is dangerous but I've not been he's this god killer some people claim him to be.

He lacks highly credible wins because Wilder is the only one that has given him a chance. After he dismantled Jennings in much more impressive fashion than Wlad did, he was fed tomato cans, and avoided. Hearn had no intention of putting him in with Joshua.

We heard the typical BS all along. He brings nothing to the table. Joshua fought Breazeale and Molina. What did they bring that Ortiz couldn't have?

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                He lacks highly credible wins because Wilder is the only one that has given him a chance. After he dismantled Jennings in much more impressive fashion than Wlad did, he was fed tomato cans, and avoided. Hearn had no intention of putting him in with Joshua.

We heard the typical BS all along. He brings nothing to the table. Joshua fought Breazeale and Molina. What did they bring that Ortiz couldn't have?

So defensive, I wouldn't be suprised if Ortiz beat Whyte but I wouldn't be suprised if Whyte beat Ortiz. Ortiz had a oppurtunity to fight AJ threw WBA but blew with his bloodpressure pills that are also used as masking agents for PED's so thats Ortiz's fault. Jennings is the only guy he dismantled since then he fought Malik Scott and Allen and looked trash against two tomato cans which is why Hearn dropped him. Surely Hearn would want to keep the guy who he thought could beat AJ in his stable if what you say is true? Also if he stood to dominate the devision Hearn would have been able to make so much money building him up feeding him matchroom fighters like Chisora and Whyte getting him him into ranked and into mando position for Wilders belt for a unification with AJ where he is promoter for both fighters, you think Hearn would throw that away?

Povetkin has been dangerous and has a much better resume due to taking himself through the rankings etc. IMO Ortiz should have a similar record to Pov as they are a similar age, there is no actual evidence of Ortiz being ducked so that is not an excuse, it would be if people were throwing their belts away not to fight him but no one has. Both have lost rankings and years out their career due to popping dirty on multiple occasions and is their own faults, this is not people avoiding Ortiz.

I'm not hating i'm just saying he is yet to prove his hype. All people seem to come back with is his been 'avoided'.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  Whytes appeal will do nothing.

If they do indeed have a binding contractual agreement with breazeale for him to occupy that mandatory spot then they can't renege on to without expecting to be sued.

At this point.. Whyte needs to just fight Ortiz and claim that second mandatory if he does indeed want to go the WBC/Wilder route.

The WBC absolutely need to enforce that breazeale mandatory quickly. If they meet in December..and call that mandatory for AFTER this supposed Fury rematch.. that could mean breazeale won't fight wilder until at least August or September of 19 . If wilder beats Fury again in 2019.. then goes into a unification against Joshua then breazeale won't get a shot until maybe December 19.. so Whyte would be waiting until late 2020.

That's concerning ....
                  That is a two year wait, and that is the minimum wait even if he fights and beats Ortiz. I don't ever see him getting that opportunity unless the AJ/Wilder fight hapens in April 2019 and AJ wins that fight. Then i could see AJ fighting Whyte at the end of 2019.

Comment

Working...
                  X