No announcement yet.

Terry Norris

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
    Ive been watching some of his fights today. He was one of my favorite fighters ever really because he was so good yet so very flawed in some ways. People who dont know who he was will look at his record and say "eh whats the big deal". He was one of the most supremely talented fighters Ive ever seen ( note I didnt say the most) but he would do some of the dumbest **** in the ring. He had two DQs against a guy if he would have just kept his head he would have destroyed easy.

The point of the thread wasnt really all of that though. Im sure most of you know what state Terry is in today and it really is the sad side of boxing how some of these guys end up. I personally think the shotgun blast he took to the skull from Julian Jackson is the main cause of it it all. I know he got KOed after that but damn my man Julian carried the power of a god in his hands and It was one of those "Holy Crap!" knock outs.

Love to you Terry and thanks for the memories.
    Norris was very talented and gave us many damn good fights. I'm definitely a big fan.

And yeah. I'm sure Norris and Herol Graham still feel Julian Jackson's power with each step they take.

Comment

Leonard may have been past it but it was my favorite Norris fight actually. Forgot which round and the exact combo but he landed a hook downstairs followed by an uppercut combination that stuck with me for a long time. When i think of Norris that sequence always comes to mind.

Norris was a bad motherfuker. If he was fighting today at 154 he would have handed out some beatings. Canelo’s fighting in spurts bullsht wouldnt have worked with the terrible one. I dont see anybody beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        Sad thing with Norris is i asked him what his best win was in his own opinion and he said Leonard...smh
        How is that sad to you? SRL was probably a god to Terry when that fight happened. Why wouldnt it be his best victory?

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
          How is that sad to you? SRL was probably a god to Terry when that fight happened. Why wouldnt it be his best victory?
          I hated watching that fight. Norris beat Leonard's entire boxing career out of him. It might of been his best win but it was sad to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            Sad thing with Norris is i asked him what his best win was in his own opinion and he said Leonard...smh
            aside from inflation, Abel said they offered JCC 5 million at a 147 bout. Abel said JCC was an idiot to not receive the 5 million...

Yet Abel and Loeffler didn't want 15 million from GBP in 2016..... because GGG's resume was better than JCC when comparing the offers..

Comment

I was a big Terry Norris fan.

I don't know how true this is but I heard that a then up and coming Felix Trinidad wanted to fight Terry and Don King did everything in his will to block it from coming into fruition.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  Dam, I can't say I've seen this fight. Good round, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    Very entertaining round.

Comment

Working...
                    X