Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime sugar shane vs mayweather Jr@135(lightweight)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
    Really? No just no. I got Mosely by late KO.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    hey its a free country.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      Exactly.........can you imagine how Mosley would have finished him off after having him hurt, in his prime.
      shanes best win at 135 was either Leija, Brown or Molina. Now, no offense to shane, but that aint floyd. Now floyd beat Castillo twice, once close, augustus, n'dou, and sosa.

So you sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
        meaning?

Mosley won a round maybe 2 at 39 or so and nearly knocked Floyd the **** out.
        Mosley didn't even knock him down during that exchange so why jump to the conclusion that he was close to being completely out?

Comment

i just ask gotta ask,who in the **** did mosley beat pr even fight at 135 that makes somebody think he would be a problem for floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            meaning?

Mosley won a round maybe 2 at 39 or so and nearly knocked Floyd the **** out.
            He didn't even floor him.

Floyd wasn't exactly his best when this fight happened either. Mosley at 135 was not half the unbeatable monster people like to think he was. Floyd was damn near at his best at 135 as well, and he is a better fighter than Shane ever was, with the style and smarts to always give Shane trouble.

Floyd 9-3.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
              Exactly.........can you imagine how Mosley would have finished him off after having him hurt, in his prime.
              Only Mosley can be prime in this imaginary fight at 135 right? Did everyone forget that Floyd would have been younger too?

Comment

speeds overrated. Also, floyd was just as fast at 135

Comment

Lightweight Shane was a straight killer but he never fought any elite fighter at that weight. It's close to a toss up but I'mma have to go with Floyd, as fast as prime Shane was, prime Floyd was even faster and had better reflexes.

How about the Shane that fought Oscar in the 1st fight vs the Floyd that fought Gatti at 140? I don't see many fighters in history beating THAT Floyd.

Comment

floyd by close ud

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      There are some major misconceptions in this thread, one of them being that Shane was not a counter puncher, I feel like there are people commenting here that never watched Shane fight back then, or haven't done for a long time. When Floyd fought Shane he was nearly shot, he didn't become that way overnight, if you look back over his career you can notice the steady decline, he was well past his best when Cotto fought him, and although Cotto outboxed him and beat him (close) I came away from that fight thinking Cotto would not have competed with a prime Shane. In his prime he did a little of everything, he really was a tremendous fighter.

Another misconception - Shane ducking Floyd. Why would Shane fight Floyd? Because he was such a huge draw and he could make a lot money?...No
                      Because they were in the same weight division?...No
                      Because there was a huge public outcry for the fight?...No

So let me get this straight Shane jumps 2 weight divisions to set up a fight with a Prime Oscar, the cash cow of boxing and people call this a duck? Not to mention that Floyd didn't move up to 135 (where he arguably lost his first fight) a Full 2 years after Shane fought Oscar at 147. This is not a duck people (when I say people, I think everyone knows who this is directed too). It was smart business, in fact it is not even that, it was the obvious decision.

No one gave a crap about Floyd back then, he was not a draw. Once Shane fought and beat Oscar, everyone and their mother was calling Shane out. Obviously when Floyd beat Oscar then the tables turned and Floyd became the marketable star, and Shane wanted the pay day. This is boxing.

Shane has no history of ducking anyone, look at his resume for god sakes! He always took on challenges, some of which he didn't need to. Whilst the other guy has a history of measuring risk vs reward. In terms of the fight I stand by my call, I think eventually Floyd gets taken out, but I don't begrudge the opinion that Floyd pulls out a points win, but I personally don't see it. Shane was not nearly the fighter we are talking about in this thread compared to the 38 year old that fought Floyd.
                      i agree with this statement...it is an intriguing matchup...difference would be that even when shane mosley, was being outboxed, or the fight was at a turning point in the opponents favor, shane mosley would go into beastmode, down the stretch...THAT shane mosely, was gone by the time floyd mayweather jr. and manny pacquaio, caught up to him...i can't say that shane mosely was a true counterpuncher, but i would say that if/when he got hit, he was looking to pay ya back, real quick...didn't matter who it was...thats where his handspeed came into play best...shane mosely also, was a much more committed bodypuncher @ 135, did unorthodox things that he could no longer do @ 37-38, and was as celebrated as floyd mayweather jr was, when it came to accurate punching...i know floyd mayweather jr., was a bad mofo @ 130 back then, but that said i'd say it would be a fight, where floyd mayweather jr., would have to fight, to win...

Comment

Working...
                      X