Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the benefits of ending Net Neutrality?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    It did protect the common man because it put in place regulations I named above. If it didn't have an impact why would they get rid of it despite overwhelmingly popular support?
    So that they can throttle or block streaming sites and make them not work forcing you to subscribe to cable...as well as making website that pay providers for preferential service work better than those who don't or get blocked altogether. I'm not saying this will happen but it leaves the possibility of happening. And they did it because they got lobbied to do so...ISP's bought influence. In Canada this effort so far has been defeated.

Comment

Comcast is gonna shut down my increasingly shameful ****ography habits so that's a plus. Some of those sites needed to be blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        So that they can throttle or block streaming sites and make them not work forcing you to subscribe to cable...as well as making website that pay providers for preferential service work better than those who don't or get blocked altogether. I'm not saying this will happen but it leaves the possibility of happening. And they did it because they got lobbied to do so...ISP's bought influence. In Canada this effort so far has been defeated.
        That's why I'm saying. These companies can claim they aren't gonna do it but without the protections in place they're free to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
          Comcast is gonna shut down my increasingly shameful ****ography habits so that's a plus. Some of those sites needed to be blocked.
          Which sites are those? I need to look at them for research purposes

Comment

I don't think much will change, especially in the short term. I think companies heard the public outcry during the net neutrality news cycle and will be hesitant to make any significant changes they know will be unpopular.

Or maybe I'm being optimistic, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              I don't think much will change, especially in the short term. I think companies heard the public outcry during the net neutrality news cycle and will be hesitant to make any significant changes they know will be unpopular.

Or maybe I'm being optimistic, who knows.
              Yes, they will slowly start implementing changes under our noses. People are in a buzz right now but it will die down and we will slowly get fcuked over. 90% of people have no idea what NN really is. They hear "obama era regulations" and just assume its bad.

Why would they spend so much time and money to overturn regulations if they werent going to legally fcuk people over.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Net neutrality was signed into law in 2010. It didn't affect the common man then and it won't affect him now.

Too much paranoia over this. This is a battle between corporations.
                I thought it was signed in 2015?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Yes, they will slowly start implementing changes under our noses. People are in a buzz right now but it will die down and we will slowly get fcuked over. 90% of people have no idea what NN really is. They hear "obama era regulations" and just assume its bad.

Why would they spend so much time and money to overturn regulations if they werent going to legally fcuk people over.
                  ^^This...you don't spend money for nothing intentionally. In time you will get frustrated with your inability to find a good stream and not even know why and subscribe to cable. At least...this is why the ISP's pushed for this.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    We're about to find out...

It literally goes back to what it was before before an Obama policy changed it. Competition drives prices down. This is a concept lost on most leftists.

Comment

I found seven here.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/18613...-aaron-bandler

Beware, though.

They fly in the face of a LOT OF BS being spread around.

They even decrease fear over the internet "being gone as we know it!"

I can't promise you'll get upset at this information.

You may even be relieved.

If you'd rather have more dramatic news, you probably shouldn't read it.

Comment

Working...
                      X