Comments Thread For: The Contender is Officially Coming Back in 2018 - On EPIX

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Wing going to be a contestant again?

Comment

If you have Dish Network you pretty much gotta have the Top 300 package to have EPIX. Either that or it comes with HBO, Showtime or Starzz. IDK but I have it. I better have it since I'm paying too much ****ing money for cable anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        If you have Dish Network you pretty much gotta have the Top 300 package to have EPIX. Either that or it comes with HBO, Showtime or Starzz. IDK but I have it. I better have it since I'm paying too much ****ing money for cable anyway!
        How much you paying? I have internet only and stream all my stuff and I pay $50 a month. I called to get ONE BOX added and they told me my new bill would be $135. I hung up the phone.

But lemme say this about the Showtime app I pay $10.99 a month for. It streamed perfectly from my phone to my TV this past weekend without any buffering. The people watching the fight didn't even know I was streaming it from my phone

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          How much you paying? I have internet only and stream all my stuff and I pay $50 a month. I called to get ONE BOX added and they told me my new bill would be $135. I hung up the phone.

But lemme say this about the Showtime app I pay $10.99 a month for. It streamed perfectly from my phone to my TV this past weekend without any buffering. The people watching the fight didn't even know I was streaming it from my phone
          I pay almost $180 a month but I also have my internet in a package deal. And having HBO, Showtime, and Starzz it gets pretty pricey. That shet isn't cheap.
          I wish I knew how to stream and all that shet so I could save money but I'll be honest. I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to computers and technology and all that shet! I barely learned how to use my Wi-Fi a couple of months ago. So I guess I'm stuck paying high prices for cable.
          But I'm excited for this new Contender Series. Can't wait for it to come out!

Comment

I pay almost $180 a month but I also have my internet in a package deal. And having HBO, Showtime, and Starzz it gets pretty pricey. That shet isn't cheap.
            I wish I knew how to stream and all that shet so I could save money but I'll be honest. I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to computers and technology and all that shet! I barely learned how to use my Wi-Fi a couple of months ago. So I guess I'm stuck paying high prices for cable.
            But I'm excited for this new Contender Series. Can't wait for it to come out!
            What are you tv watching habits? I know you watch boxing. Do you watch any other live sports? Or any tv series?

Comment

What are you tv watching habits? I know you watch boxing. Do you watch any other live sports? Or any tv series?
              I watch pretty much all sports. College and pros. And movies. That's why I have Starzz too. For the movies. And HBO and Showtime for boxing and movies. HBO also has good documentaries.
              Don't really watch any TV series.
              Not into them.

Comment

I watch pretty much all sports. College and pros. And movies. That's why I have Starzz too. For the movies. And HBO and Showtime for boxing and movies. HBO also has good documentaries.
                Don't really watch any TV series.
                Not into them.
                I'm basically a boxing guy and netflix. My TV has netflix built into it and I use my google chrome to stream off my phone to the TV. I pay $10.99 a month for Showtime and I can stream the app off my phone to my TV thru the google chrome. As far as live sports I might watch a little football. I can pick that up with an over the air antenna if it's on a broadcast network, and the HD pic quality is much better than a set top box. But with your tv watching habits you'd be better served with a streaming set top box or stick. They aren't hard to operate at all. Once you connect them to you wifi it's just like watching the traditional set top box. .!WAR MIKEY! can hook you up

Comment

I'm basically a boxing guy and netflix. My TV has netflix built into it and I use my google chrome to stream off my phone to the TV. I pay $10.99 a month for Showtime and I can stream the app off my phone to my TV thru the google chrome. As far as live sports I might watch a little football. I can pick that up with an over the air antenna if it's on a broadcast network, and the HD pic quality is much better than a set top box. But with your tv watching habits you'd be better served with a streaming set top box or stick. They aren't hard to operate at all. Once you connect them to you wifi it's just like watching the traditional set top box. .!WAR MIKEY! can hook you up
                  Okay I'll hit him up see what advice he can offer or if he can hook me up with what your telling me.
                  Good looking out man. I appreciate it

Comment

I have the showtime and hbo apps. If Epix had a standalone app I would get it just to watch their new contender series. But in and of itself I don't see any reason to get it. They don't really have a whole lot in the way of original content. Oh and right now I have Starz. Finishing up the last season of Black Sails and catching up to American Gods. Weird fing show but interesting.

These premium channels need to just hook up. There just aren't enough entertainment dollars to go around.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                      I have the showtime and hbo apps. If Epix had a standalone app I would get it just to watch their new contender series. But in and of itself I don't see any reason to get it. They don't really have a whole lot in the way of original content. Oh and right now I have Starz. Finishing up the last season of Black Sails and catching up to American Gods. Weird fing show but interesting.

These premium channels need to just hook up. There just aren't enough entertainment dollars to go around.
                      I looked up Epix and they have a stand alone app. Does the HBO app have streaming of live shows? Can you get a subscription without having a subscription on a set top box?

Comment

Working...
                      X