Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrera landed less than 20% of his punches kov fans stop with the false hope of blow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been picking Ward to win but honestly just stop bro. There is no way Barrera is as good a fighter as Kovalev is, or even close to it. Using those numbers to predict a Ward win is just stupid.

It's a 50/50 fight on paper, and it will likely be competitive in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
      First time I have seen Barrera but he looked quite slow.

Ward is a talented guy, so could win, but at the same time, he needs to be slightly more careful.

Kov has real power and seems to judge distance quite well.
      I'm sure he will be

Kov can counter that lead left hook ward was attempting with a str8 right

Pick em fight IMO but I pick ward cuz he adapts so well n don't see kov landing enough to win 7 rounds

Its really not about speed...ward will be visably faster but its about timing...ward has better tech n speed than pascal n he was landing clean left hooks n counters

Ward In a 7-5 or 8-4

Type fight

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        I've been picking Ward to win but honestly just stop bro. There is no way Barrera is as good a fighter as Kovalev is, or even close to it. Using those numbers to predict a Ward win is just stupid.

It's a 50/50 fight on paper, and it will likely be competitive in the ring.
        When did anyone say Barrera was as good as kov

I clearly stated it won't be a blow out by kov is all

I pick ward though, he was sharp defensively n will be even more so with a more dangerous guy like kov

Reading is fundamental...comprehension is essential...you may have understood me wrong...its cool

Comment

Also, we don't know if Kov is capable of adapting as well.

That remains to be seen because Kov barely loses a round. I think he's lost a total of maybe 8-10 rounds his entire career.

Let's pray to God Kovalev doesn't have the ability to also adapt because that's some scary schit if he can.

Comment

Ward will go into survival mode once he realizes that Kovalev has good timing and even his jabs hurt. If Ward doesn't go into survival mode he will get Ko'd. Running Ward can at least lose on points.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              Yes, triangle theories don't apply to the fight game.

Cotto was prime against Pac?
              29 years old is as prime as they come for someone like Cotto.

Comment

Also, we don't know if Kov is capable of adapting as well.

That remains to be seen because Kov barely loses a round. I think he's lost a total of maybe 8-10 rounds his entire career.

Let's pray to God Kovalev doesn't have the ability to also adapt because that's some scary schit if he can.
                Its a double edge sword....what he does works for him....that's awesome

That other side to the blade is what will you do if your usual game isn't working and you look up and you're down 4-5 rounds

Adaptability is one of the most important intangibles in the sport...people underrate it and overrate power....timing beats speed n elusiveness neutralizes power

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  29 years old is as prime as they come for someone like Cotto.
                  Yeah but a fighter's age doesn't determine prime.

Clinton Mitchell beat a prime Bernard Hopkins at 23.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Its a double edge sword....what he does works for him....that's awesome

That other side to the blade is what will you do if your usual game isn't working and you look up and you're down 4-5 rounds

Adaptability is one of the most important intangibles in the sport...people underrate it and overrate power....timing beats speed n elusiveness neutralizes power
                    Kovalev has some of the best timing I've seen in the game. I'm being honest.

Comment

Kovalev has some of the best timing I've seen in the game. I'm being honest.
                      And elusiveness neutralizes power

Its gonna be a great fight

Kov is gonna land some good shots....will he land enough

Ward has taken a good chin and never has laid down

If he can't lay ward out I see no other way he can win

Ward also has more ways to win.....he is better inside and he is more elusive inside n out

Faster hands n feet

Better counterpunching

With kov so far what you see is what you get

In fights like this....I usually lean towards the more versatile, adaptive fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X