No announcement yet.

GLOVES - Boxing vs MMA.. Which Hits Harder? [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    your logic makes no sense. that would only contribute to my point. there would be more stoppages in the amateurs then.
    Just use common sense 3 rounds vs 6 to 12, 8 count gives fighter time to recover means less knock outs. If you can't understand that than you have a serious problem

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I call bs, again, on this poorly setup experiment.

Of f#cking course they are similar with force. Its the same f#cking guy using the force.

What is doing more damage when its landing doe? The big "safety" glove we call a boxing glove or that smaller old school bag glove looking MMA glove? Based on watching thousands of boxing matches & MMA fights its clearly the MMA glove. Guys get cut easier, guys get dropped easier, guys get KO'd easier. The MMA glove is putting more of that force into a smaller target which logically should have more impact on damage. If I'm landing 200lbs of force with a 6-7 inch blunt instrument its going to do less damage then 200lbs of force with a 4-5 inch blunt instrument cuz that 4-5 inch blunt instrument is putting more force on a smaller area thus its going to cause more damage cuz its less spread out.

Hoping some cats who can explain this better then me chime in cuz this stupid study is looking at the wrong thing I'd argue to determine the real differences between boxing gloves & MMA gloves.
      It can't be explained even more since you explained it perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        your logic makes no sense. that would only contribute to my point. there would be more stoppages in the amateurs then.
        I've seen many amateurs get knocked out. The headgear does assist somewhat but not nearly as much as you think. The most important thing in amatue boxing is protecting the athletes. If one gets hit with a big shot the ref will step in and give a standing 8 count. 3 in one round or 4 in the entire fight will be a RSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          It can't be explained even more since you explained it perfectly.
          Lol, the only difference is that MMA fighters use the MMA gloves. Boxers hit harder with their gloves than MMA fighters with theirs.

Comment

MMA & UFC fighters punching harder than a boxer....Punching is their game.

Comment

Working...
            X