Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the WBA strip Ward of his title or have him defend it against Periban/Smith?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
    Steiglitz or Murray for Ward, but DeGale or Dirrell for Froch?
    Possibly the most ridiculous post in the history of the internet, exacerbated in it's stupidity by stating that they're good fights for Ward, and that he'd easily win either match.
    Ward is good but hyped. As in, the reputation does not match the resume. His best win is Froch, and Froch was closing the gap the last 5 rounds or so. He butted Kessler into an early exit, and beat a severely weight drained Dawson who has since gone on to get crushed by Adonis Stevenson, even at his proper weight.

Ward needs a good string of wins, some of them out of Oakland, to justify his reputation, till then he's just 'good'.

Golovkin, Dirrell, DeGale, Kovalev, Stevenson and even Froch in UK, would be good tests for this cat, and you're putting him in with Martin Murray ! D'uh.

Ward didn't fight Froch in Oakland. He fought Froch in Atlantic City. Maybe you all have a problem with Ward fighting in America or California. Well, whats wrong with him fighting in America. NOTHING. To some it may be unfair if he fights in Oakland a lot. I can see how it would bother others. Well when ever he fights in Oakland, I will go because I am getting the opportunity to see one of the best fighters on the planet.

But yes, He should fight more in Vegas, NY, Texas, etc. The big boxing markets in america. He shouldn't have to travel to the home of someone he already dominated.

Ward made Froch his b1tch. Froch doesn't want any. Froch wanted him to Travel to his hometown because he knows the fight won't end in a KO and that way it would be easier for him to get a gift. FROCH DIDN'T TRAVEL TO OAKLAND. HE TRAVELED TO ATLANTIC CITY.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
      Ward didn't fight Froch in Oakland. He fought Froch in Atlantic City. Maybe you all have a problem with Ward fighting in America or California. Well, whats wrong with him fighting in America. NOTHING. To some it may be unfair if he fights in Oakland a lot. I can see how it would bother others. Well when ever he fights in Oakland, I will go because I am getting the opportunity to see one of the best fighters on the planet.

But yes, He should fight more in Vegas, NY, Texas, etc. The big boxing markets in america. He shouldn't have to travel to the home of someone he already dominated.

Ward made Froch his b1tch. Froch doesn't want any. Froch wanted him to Travel to his hometown because he knows the fight won't end in a KO and that way it would be easier for him to get a gift. FROCH DIDN'T TRAVEL TO OAKLAND. HE TRAVELED TO ATLANTIC CITY.
      Andre Ward had ALL his Super Six fights in his home country, while everybody else had to travel to foreign countries.

Froch fought in Finland, Denmark and the USA.

Ward-Kessler would have filled a stadium in Denmark, but Kessler had to defend his WBC title in Ward's home town of Oakland with a crooked referee Jack Reiss who permitted Ward to use deliberate head butts and other fouls. Kessler fought blind for much of the fight, because the head butts damaged his eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        How is it not his fault? Ward is the one who decided to break his contract with Goosen and sue him in court. It is Ward who is asking ridiculous amounts of money for tune up fights. The only person to blame for Ward's inactivity is WARD.
        Very true.

His own selfishness and greed is what's ruining his career.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
            He should, but if it is not his fault that he is not in the ring, he shouldn't be stripped. Lets be honest, there aren't many good super middleweights out there. For the sake of getting the name on his resume, He should fight Robert Stieglitz as a tune-up. Everyone is a tune-up for Ward. He is that f**king good. But Stieglitz is someone who missed out and never got the opportunity to face Ward.

Martin Murray would be a good choice if he is moving up to Super Middleweight as well.

Andre Ward beats both of them with ease.

Froch should fight The winner of Degale vs Dirrell or he should fight Hopkins in a retirement fight where Hopkins would flat out dominate him.
            Yes, it is, the factors leading to him not being in the ring were directly a result of his willful action.

Comment

I heard its ron salsa vs ward at 170 in oak town

Comment

Andre Ward is the most feared man in boxing. Golovkin and Froch are running scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Andre Ward is the most feared man in boxing. Golovkin and Froch are running scared.
                  Hopkins "super middleweight is just a division where light heavyweights hide from the best light heavyweights"

Where would Ward have fought before the 168 division was created?

Comment

The WBA will just use a fighters inactivity to create another world title.

Comment

Working...
                    X