Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old news: Does anyone believe the Gatti outcome?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haverespect View Post
    Well said, I hope the ts never goes through such horrendous depression, cowardly no, desperate yes, one of the most brave acts one could commit, sometimes being brave isn't enough even for a true warrior
    You perceive it differently from me and just like you I am entitled to have an opinion. I see more bravery in living through the hardship and being strong for yourself, your family and friends rather than taking the quick way out and leaving a mess behind. Apparently you and the bringer hate opinions contrary to their own. Maybe you should hit up ESB before its closed.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      And I believe you to be a moron for making such a statement. Infact, I'm hard pressed to think of an act that takes more balls and mental fortitude than committing suicide does. Furthermore, I find it rather hysterical that people like yourself who verbally attack a defenseless deceased person by labelling them cowardly would have the audacity to label anyone but themselves a coward.

In order for Gatti's depression to be legally documented he would've first had to seek help from a mental healthcare professional, which he didn't. Why he didn't would be anybody's guess, but I don't think it's entirely a "shot in the dark" to presume that Gatti felt his struggles with depression somehow weakened him or made him less a man than the 'WARRIOR!!!!' archetype he made his living being.

One only need look throughout the history of this sport to encounter a wide variety of reclusive, depressive, and even suicidal fighters who simply couldn't live up to their 'macho man' personna outside of the ring.

I'm not diminishing your perspective. You have none. There's a difference.

Your entire stance on this rather complex issue of suicide can basically be summed up by the following : "Only cowards and p*ssies commit suicide, and Arturo Gatti was neither, so therefore he was murdered."

You're ignorant and naive on the subject of suicide in regards to a sports hero of yours (presumably for precisely that reason), yet callous and obtuse on the subject of suicide in regards to the literally millions of other people who've committed the act.
      Originally posted by lparm View Post
      You perceive it differently from me and just like you I am entitled to have an opinion. I see more bravery in living through the hardship and being strong for yourself, your family and friends rather than taking the quick way out and leaving a mess behind. Apparently you and the bringer hate opinions contrary to their own. Maybe you should hit up ESB before its closed.
      I hear what you are saying as far as being brave for carrying on and fighting through and putting family first but for some people their mind and hope is completely dead and as much as they would want to it is mentally impossible for them to!

Indeed I do a have a more mature, intune with my emotions/developed brain than yourself from what it seems and realize that it is not that simple as being a coward, depression is a disease like any another and for many people it can become completely unbearable.

Thankfully a lot of people will never have to feel that way to understand just how bad it is. I mean we are talking ending everything when there is no guarantee there is even an afterlife?

We are talking BIG physical pain in many cases before someone dies

Are you saying its not brave to give up your life of which you may never experience any thoughts and feelings again, and potentially feel incredible physical pain as you kill yourself?

Its no different to people who want to kill themselves who have cancer ect through euthanasia , depression is a cancer of the mind and your lack of understanding and empathy is apparent as is your extreme defensiveness in Most of your posts!

Which makes your last comment incredibly ironic, I'm sure your not completely bad I agree partially with some of what you are saying but it is yourself who takes great offence when people disagree with you from what I have seen on here
      Last edited by haverespect; 06-19-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X