No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner nets HBO it's largest ratings in several years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrien Broner nets HBO it's largest ratings in several years

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer touted this past Saturday's performance by former WBO 130-pound titleholder Adrien Broner, who scored a fifth-round knockout of Vicente Escobedo at U.S. Bank Arena in Broner's hometown of Cincinnati.

Known as "Da Problem," Broner (24-0, 20 knockouts) scored his fifth straight stoppage against the 30-year-old Escobedo (26-4, 15 KOs), who was knocked out for the first time in his career.

Broner's effort scored a 3.4 rating on the telecast, a number which surpassed HBO's tape-delayed re-broadcast of Tim Bradley's controversial split-decision over Manny Pacquiao, as well as Danny Garcia's upset fourth-round knockout of Amir Khan on July 14.

http://goo.gl/iucQe

(Link is to the RING's website)
    Last edited by ArtThouFurious?; 07-24-2012, 10:36 PM.

Broner is the future

Comment

I dont get it how is it its largest HBO rating, when they comparing it to replays?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
          I dont get it how is it its largest HBO rating, when they comparing it to replays?
          replays of a pacquiao fight???yea, thats prob one of the highest rated fights of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            ok that was funny

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              replays of a pacquiao fight???yea, thats prob one of the highest rated fights of the year.
              took me a lil re reading, "HBO's tape-delayed re-broadcast" threw me off a little bit. S.hit man more power to the young homie, cant wait to see him a real showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                HBO hasn't done a number that large since the Vitali-Arreola i believe. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

In case you don't understand what a "3.4" TV rating is. That's 3.4 MILLION viewers.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised he is already getting this much attention. Broner has a pretty good chance of being the next Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                    I'm kind of surprised he is already getting this much attention. Broner has a pretty good chance of being the next Mayweather.
                    look like hes catching on floyds fans.Which is a big market.

Comment

Working...
                    X