Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if Pac didn't fought Oscar and just stayed at 135?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao did not want to stay at lightweight because it was too loaded with talent and none of the top guys were past their prime. Valero, Soto, Casamayor, Marquez, Juan Diaz, Guzman, Funeka, Campbell, etc. Why do you think he fought the weakest link of all the beltholders. He did the same thing at junior welter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
      you obviously don't know what your'e talking about...

diaz was already planned to fight pacquiao even before the marquez rematch as his first fight at lightweight. the guy has a belt, is a top rank fighter.
      after that, pacquiao took de la hoya at 147 pounds. regarding what you think about how "weight drained" oscar is at that fight, it is a damn bigger risk than fighting guzman.

now crawl back into your hole...

Wrong, before Guzman beat Soto in '07 he was already calling Manny out, Manny didn't fight Diaz until '08.

I'll crawl back in my hole, just some fun facts for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by VAW-JR View Post
        Where can I find this information?
        look for it... pacquiao was already planning to go to 135 even before he fought marquez.

so, who is supposed to fight then? hmmmm...... maybe the guy who is also promoted by arum and happens to hold a belt at 135?

so those who said pacquiao ducked the rest of the 135 lbers are ******ed. right after that fight he went up 2 divisions against a guy who was supposed to kick his midget ass.

right after it, fought the lineal jr. ww champion

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
          Wrong, before Guzman beat Soto in '07 he was already calling Manny out, Manny didn't fight Diaz until '08.

I'll crawl back in my hole, just some fun facts for ya.
          it was planned EVEN BEFORE HE FOUGHT MARQUEZ.

and diaz was supposed to be for him to test the waters... if oscar didn't call him out, he would have fought there and would have kicked guzman's fat ass.

Comment

look for it... pacquiao was already planning to go to 135 even before he fought marquez.

so, who is supposed to fight then? hmmmm...... maybe the guy who is also promoted by arum and happens to hold a belt at 135?

so those who said pacquiao ducked the rest of the 135 lbers are ******ed. right after that fight he went up 2 divisions against a guy who was supposed to kick his midget ass.

right after it, fought the lineal jr. ww champion

Show me where "it was planned EVEN BEFORE HE FOUGHT MARQUEZ."

Comment

you obviously don't know what your'e talking about...

diaz was already planned to fight pacquiao even before the marquez rematch as his first fight at lightweight. the guy has a belt, is a top rank fighter.

after that, pacquiao took de la hoya at 147 pounds. regarding what you think about how "weight drained" oscar is at that fight, it is a damn bigger risk than fighting guzman.

now crawl back into your hole...

I never knew this but I wouldn't be surpriced if it was true. Lamest LW champion and Top Rank fighter yeah it makes sense.

I don't share your view on DLH being a bigger risk than guzman. At the time, Guzman was not having his weight issues and he was a really dangerous guy. How's a guy that is on top of his game and comfortable at his weight be less of a risk than a guy that had not made that specific weight in years? plus Roach knew he couldn't pull the trigger anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                Pacquiao did not want to stay at lightweight because it was too loaded with talent and none of the top guys were past their prime. Valero, Soto, Casamayor, Marquez, Juan Diaz, Guzman, Funeka, Campbell, etc. Why do you think he fought the weakest link of all the beltholders. He did the same thing at junior welter.

You are obviously a dumbass.

Nobody at 140 can see Pacquaio or Floyd.

Alexander is flat footed.....enough said.

Bradley......cant even throw straight punches, lack power, chinny

Khan......Pacquaio spar with em alot............chinny

Maidana........Margarito is baiscally a bigger version of him.

Really nobody at 140 can't compete with Cotto, Clottey, Margarito at all. They don't have enough power or skills to trouble them at all and you think their daddy pacquaio avoid 140 due to skills. Serious outside of Bradley....everyone in that whole division are nothing but prospects.

147 was the best divsion until pacquaio and floyd made everybody look like amatuer since their both all time great something none of the 140 fighters are.

And at 135....outside of marquez and campbell no one has a chance to beat pacquaio.

Funeka(cheater)
                Juan Guzman(can't even make the weight, cheater)
                Valero(was supposed to be after David diaz fight but no boxer will say no to a Oscar fight and even then he was about to compete at 140 but he made a dumb ass decision)
                Juan Diaz(got 0 power, outboxed by pauli, and doesnt have any boxing skills......he got nothing that would trouble pacquaio at all)

Really if oscar never called pacquaio out we would have marquez vs pacquaio 3 and valero vs pacquaio and probably pacquaio would clean the whole division. But instead he cleaned out the 147 division to the point berto is consider a legimate challenger even though he would get his ass whoop by the so called shot trio Cotto, margarito, shane.
                Last edited by victorythagr8; 01-28-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

and diaz was supposed to be for him to test the waters... if oscar didn't call him out, he would have fought there and would have kicked guzman's fat ass.
                  Test what waters? You act like he was moving from 30 to 47. He moved from 130 to 135, not that huge of a jump. I would imagine he was more comfortable there (35) because he didn't have to cut as much weight.

Comment

seriously, people here don't know pacquiao was planning to go up to lightweight?

i believe they said they are gonna move up to 135 regardless of the result of the marquez rematch.

Comment

He might have planned it, but it wasn't until the Marquez fight. That division was on fire then, like I said it was the best move that they made in his career, Manny was not ready for Guzman in '07.

Comment

Working...
                      X