Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Marquez was a SUCCESSFUL event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really enjoyed the undercard last night.

as for the post fight interview...

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
      my hats off to the those who made the card....

GREAT to see a solid undercard on a main event that BIG.

keep em comin fellas

I'm aware that there are some boxing "fans" that were hoping that this fight would be a bust commercially. I saw people on this site actually celebrating that the ticket sales were initially slow.

Where do you predict the PPV's will come in?

Also, did you notice how many stars came out? Even Schwartzeneggar.

Comment

Originally posted by Blairhoyle792 View Post
        really enjoyed the undercard last night.

as for the post fight interview...
        I have long defended Max Kellerman. But his interview and decisions last night were indefensible.

How was it ever a good idea to bring over the GBP figureheads into Mayweather's victory interview? I've never actually seen that before. He could have waited until after Floyd broke down the fight and discussed his future.

WTH was Bernard doing?

Comment

FAIL THREAD.

Fight was boring.

Comment

All in all i'm glad I bought the event. John/Juarez was as good as I thought it would be. Mayweather/Marquez went as expected but the last three rounds as well as what happened after really made it exciting.

Looking forward to Klitschko/Arreola

Comment

I think the PPV numbers are going to be much higher than people expect and maybe double or more than what UFC did. If you look at ESPN the Mayweather fight has over 1300 replies while the UFC has about 30. This fight did well and may go pass the Hatton/Pacquaio fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                I'm aware that there are some boxing "fans" that were hoping that this fight would be a bust commercially. I saw people on this site actually celebrating that the ticket sales were initially slow.

Where do you predict the PPV's will come in?

Also, did you notice how many stars came out? Even Schwartzeneggar.
                yeah, it definitely had the feel of a true big event. i dont think it fell flat at all, especially not as bad as some of the haters thought it would.

all along i was thinking it would do around 750-900k buys... and im sticking with that (just a guess really)

but thats the kinda card i prefer, i wasnt a huge fan of the main event TBH and it reminded me of bald bull vs little mac.... but its what i expected, floyd was nearly flawless and Marquez did all he could, neither fighter should be ashamed...

but i cant stress the importance of a GOOD undercard enough. that is HUGE, imagine if it would have ended up having Zab v M Hatton too....

undercards, TBH, are usually the selling point for me for a fight, because if i really wanted to i could suffer through the main event online or something, but when its going to be solid from top to bottom? must buy for me

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCSHERPY View Post
                  FAIL THREAD.

Fight was boring.
                  You're just crying because Mayweather made your hero look like an ordinary boxer.

Comment

Working...
                  X