No announcement yet.

Did Nacho Beristain ruin the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Nacho Beristain ruin the fight?

When I first heard Nacho would be training Chavez Jr I said he was all wrong for Jr. Then Nacho announced he will be teaching Jr to use the same tactics Floyd and Lara used. At that point I new this fight would be a total miss match. Jr kept trying to fight at distance with no success and sense that's all they worked on in camp, when he would get inside he would rarely throw anything at all. Goosen would've been a much better fit for Julio in this fight because he believes in focusing on a fighters strengths. I'm not saying Julio would've won but it would definitely have been more competitive. You guys want to hear a joke? Julio Cesar Chavez Jr will learn to fight like Floyd Mayweather and Erislandy Lara!

there were moments in that fight where i thought it was Floyd boxing

Comment

No. Junior is an undisciplined fighter who has taken some big punishment. He doesn't like to let his hands go. Furthermore he was very drained. No strategy could have saved him from getting widely outpointed. Against Golovkin, Junior would have been put in the morgue.

Comment

yea nacho is overrated
        ****ty trainer who cant adapt to fighters strengths

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          there were moments in that fight where i thought it was Floyd boxing

Comment

Chavez was in the marquez, lopez stance a couple of times, thought that was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              yea nacho is overrated
              ****ty trainer who cant adapt to fighters strengths
              I don't think Nacho is overrated at all. In fact I consider him to be one of the best trainers. I just think he's not a good fit for someone like Jr and some of these older dudes can be stubborn in their ways.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Chavez was in the marquez, lopez stance a couple of times, thought that was funny.
                Yes it was! He looked confused though lol

Comment

Working...
                X