Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Klitschko had let his hands go after dropping Joshua does he win the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would Joshua have got Klitschko out of there if he wasn't so reckless after he knocked him down first and tired himself out?

I feel like this is a way to undermine AJ's win. AJ put him on the canvas first and started celebrating and lost him composure/cool. I feel like AJ should stopped him in the 5th, not that Wlad should have won

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I think those are poor comparisons to this situation. This was an important point in the fight where Klitschko made a decision that could have won or lost him the fight. Nobody's nose was cut or the bell didn't ring lol. Those were things that happened to occur outside of the fighters decision making process & could be argued as simply lucky or bad luck & outside of the fighters control.

Granted decision making is always happening at many different levels of a fight from the preparation for a fight to decisions made during the fight, but this felt like the defining key decision to what happened in the fight or what could have happened in the fight with a arguably very high probability.
      Yeah but its if's and buts....would thomas hearns had survived the onslaught of sugar ray leoanrd if he knew how to hold a fighter is the best judge in the ring not you or me and your talking like a c unt if you think you could have done better lol...klitchcko is not a reckless fighter and he never has been so to ask a fighter that has never done that to the throw caution to the wind is a very big ask....there are finishers in boxing who just let everything hang out to get the victory and there others who bide there time looking to finish it with one shot....its that simple lol...plus joshua gave klitchcko that opportunity in the first place by thinking he had one and blowing himself out so it can work both ways lol...its ironic you are only seeing it from way pandas....joshua got reckless himself which have klitchcko the chance to get back in the fight in the first place

Comment

Wlad tried joshua did well to avoid the shots, wlad said himself he thought he had it in the bag after the kd so wanted to pace himself as he thought the knockout would come, if wlad threw bodyshots he may have kept joshua in the state he was

Comment

He threw some mean left hooks in round 6 that missed! He was trying to win. The comeback effort from round 5 and 6 was him trying his best to stop AJ and he just fell short.

Comment

Johnathan Banks needs to learn Wladimir Kiltschko to throw body shots! Wladimir Kiltschko has just basically taken Anthony Joshua life and death by only utilizing 3 punches within his arsenal! There is a lot he can add to his game ever at 41 from a technical perspective! (When Joshua becomes static as a fight progresses, i believe fighters need to attack his body!)......

Vitali Kiltschko is probably disappointed by his brothers performance! (If you get a fighter hurt, you capitalize!)...
            Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-01-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

What if a prime Mile Tyson had tagged in during the round ? Would Joshua had been stopped.

Wlads always been a careful and methodical finisher since his losses and he did throw plenty of big shots, they missed and Joshua was able to move away or hold.

By the last minute of the round, Wlad was tired.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                your talking like a c unt if you think you could have done better lol
                What are you even going on about & spare me the internet name calling. Thats lame at best. And we talk about all sorts of sh^t here all the time. What makes this so out of line exactly?

klitchcko is not a reckless fighter and he never has been so to ask a fighter that has never done that to the throw caution to the wind is a very big ask
                I'm not disagreeing with that. My first post is all over the place with potential thought processes by Klitschko. Then again I'm not sure Klitschko has ever had someone so dead to rights like Joshua seemed like at that moment. So its more of an iffy situation to me for that reason. I legit think the fight easily could have been stopped Klitschko's way not unlike the way it was actually stopped.

its ironic you are only seeing it from way pandas....joshua got reckless himself which have klitchcko the chance to get back in the fight in the first place
                Where am I seeing it only one way? Like I said my initial post in this thread is all over the place in what Klitschko could've did sure, but also what coulda been his strategy & thought process in thinking that way.

I just find it interesting how differently this fight easily could have gone down with just a lil more aggression &/or risk taking by Klitschko in that 6th round. No harm, no foul towards either guy.

Comment

I thought he could have pushed it more while Joshua was defenseless, but he was being smart and taking over tactically. In retrospect it is pretty easy to say it would have been best to go for the finish, but if he failed he would have lost his advantage that way as well.

It looked to me like he was not able to effectively stifle Joshua's bursts of aggression and activity, but was otherwise taking over tactically and dominating him.

I think tactically, his failure to hold and failure to circle away from the right were his biggest problems in the fight. Either one of those probably would have saved him.

Comment

Yes. It was what everyone thought and one of the first things he said after the fight.

Make no mistake about it, Wladimir will be thinking about those 2 rounds for the rest of his life.

Comment

Bottom line is that Wlad isn't in his prime anymore. Had he been, Joshua would have been finished. However, Joshua is still developing so he is not in his prime either. Great fight, but glad the torch was passed appropriately.

Comment

Working...
                      X