Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which current JMW has the best chance against GGG at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which current JMW has the best chance against GGG at 160?

I think we can all agree that the current crop at MW(160) is very weak and it doesn't look like any of them have what it takes to beat GGG right now.

But it looks like there is a very good group of skilled fighters on the way up from JMW(154)

So my question is. Which of the current JMW would have the best chance of beating GGG, moving up to MW

Who has the fighting style and the ability to cause Golovkin some serious problems?

I think Canelo could really cause him some problems, with his power and his aggressive Mexican boxer/puncher style

I also think Lara with his movement and Cuban ring craft could cause GGG problems in a different way.
    ERISLANDY LARA
    43.40%
    SAUL ALVAREZ
    32.08%
    AUSTIN TROUT
    0.00%
    DEMETRIUS ANDRADE
    20.75%
    JERMELL CHARLO
    0.00%
    JERMALL CHARLO
    0.00%
    OTHER
    3.77%

Andre Ward, of course -- he's only 175 in the fight night, while GGG is 173...
    Therefore, Andre makes 160 easily and he's a nightmare to any top dog.
    Happy with the answer?

Comment

Andrade has the best style and physical shot to win but I don't know if he could take GGG's power. Why are we still looking at 154 guys for this dude when it looks like no 160 pounders can even last the distance with him? Why not 168 pounders?

Comment

None of the above. Maybe, maybe Alvarez. And that's still a long shot.

Comment

why look down and not up??? i dont get why you would even mention 154 fighters

Comment

Lara. But that's not saying much.

Comment

Quillin and Lee would make for entertaining fights while GGG waits for Cotto to grow a pair.

JMWs should be fighting for a new Ring Champ if Floyd is going to keep defending it at WW.

Comment

Canelo has the size, physical strength, power and infighting ability to tangle. Canelo would also get combinations off in ways no one else has before.

Comment

Canelo and Andrade have the best shot but really none of the 154 fighters have any shot. Honestly, it looks like no one at 160 can last until the final bell either.

If Canelo can generate powerful combinations, he could make things interesting. I cant see him winning though. Tough fights for GGG are north of 160 not below.

Comment

Demetrius Andrade, Erislandy Lara and Julian Williams! Because of their STYLES! Andrade and Williams might be further away from moving up since both still trying to make name for themselves at 154 but Lara could move up soon and we know Lara would get in with ANYBODY. Lara already called out GGG by the way but Tom Loeffler said they wasn't interested!

GGG Destroys Canelo, Both Charlo, K9, Vanes, Trout, Kirkland and the Rest at 154 IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X