Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters that didn't reach full potential?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Breland
    Hector Camacho
    Howard Davis Jr.
    Tony Ayala

Comment

80s HWs like Michael Dokes, Greg Page, Buster Douglas, Tim Witherspoon etc. Too much coke and cheeseburgers.

Comment

However you rate Mike Tyson, I believe he had the greatest potential. However much of that potential he tapped into is up for debate.

Comment

Fernando Vargas is my pick. Guy got thrown to the lions at a very early age. Trinidad raped his soul and Fernando has never been the same since. The beating he took from the godlike hands of trinidad was downright awful. The beginning of the end...

Comment

Floyd Mayweather. Never reached full potential as a fighter. With all his fights he could have fought with fighters he ducked.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
              Panchito Bojado.
              First person that came to mind

Comment

Zab Judah - Could we say he didn't reach his full potential but he did become undisputed WW champion right? Maybe we expect longevity? He is on my list of fighters that could have done more than they should.

Mike Tyson - He became undisputed HW champion of the world and did at the youngest age of all time right? He won his fight title in Nov 86 and he became undisputed champion in June 88 when he defeated Michael Spinks. He lost his titles to Douglas in Feb 90. Tyson did all this and we still never saw his full potential IMAGINE!!!

Comment

Adrien Broner. He was all set to be a bootleg Floyd and then...

dude was tangled up in the ropes and looking confused with the ref standing over him.

Tragic.

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
                    Fernando Vargas is my pick. Guy got thrown to the lions at a very early age. Trinidad raped his soul and Fernando has never been the same since. The beating he took from the godlike hands of trinidad was downright awful. The beginning of the end...
                    Not even steroids could save his career. He wa everybody's KO victim after Tito adopted him.

Comment

I know some may disagree but both Kelly Pavlik and Jermaine Taylor come to mind.

By the way some really good picks for this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X