Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry but Canelo Alvarez will never reach top 5 pfp unless...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's never even been a top 10 p4p there's a handful way before him he'd probably rank at 15 the most.
    Last edited by AP♠; 01-25-2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      i notice canelo's career is very similar to donaire's. like donaire, canelo is extremely hyped up and is a fraud who has been beating on much smaller fighters and old shot fighters. also canelo got schooled by mayweather like donaire got schooled by rigo. now ggg or maybe even kirkland will completely KO canelo like walters jamaica man KO'ed that fraud donaire.

both guys only look good when they beat on smaller inferior fighters but look like complete dirt when they step up in class.
      you will discredit canelo after he destroys kirkland, no doubt in my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
        he works on his stamina and learns how to cut off the ring. The Floyd performance was pathetic and he really showed his flaws. If I was advising him, I would tell him he needs a new trainer and conditionings coach because he's still fighting pretty much the same. I saw a little amounts of improvements in the Lara fight but essentially he is the same fighter. I wouldn't go near GGG until he improves on those two areas particularly stamina. If he does show improvements in those areas, I give a decent shot of beating GGG. Thoughts boxing heads?
        Sorry to tell you, he is already a top 3 fan favorite and will be the number 1 or 2 PPV star in the world within 2 years. He fights the fights the fans want and he has the skills to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          i notice canelo's career is very similar to donaire's. like donaire, canelo is extremely hyped up and is a fraud who has been beating on much smaller fighters and old shot fighters. also canelo got schooled by mayweather like donaire got schooled by rigo. now ggg or maybe even kirkland will completely KO canelo like walters jamaica man KO'ed that fraud donaire.

both guys only look good when they beat on smaller inferior fighters but look like complete dirt when they step up in class.
          I can definitely see the parallels. To add to that, one thing I feel about Canelo is that he isn't necessarily growing as a fighter. Although he's winning, he doesn't seem to be evolving or adding anything new to his game. Him being as young as he is, you'd think he'd start learning to cut off the ring, break guys down with body punching, develop an even better jab, etc. But if the rumors of him having all the say so in his training camps is true, I think this wall he's hit will come back to haunt him when he faces another real challenge. You see over time GGG has improved and continues to refine his skillset. I haven't seen the same change from Canelo, especially after the Floyd fight. As of now, GGG utterly destroys Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
            I can definitely see the parallels. To add to that, one thing I feel about Canelo is that he isn't necessarily growing as a fighter. Although he's winning, he doesn't seem to be evolving or adding anything new to his game. Him being as young as he is, you'd think he'd start learning to cut off the ring, break guys down with body punching, develop an even better jab, etc. But if the rumors of him having all the say so in his training camps is true, I think this wall he's hit will come back to haunt him when he faces another real challenge. You see over time GGG has improved and continues to refine his skillset. I haven't seen the same change from Canelo, especially after the Floyd fight. As of now, GGG utterly destroys Canelo.
            Not Growing? He's basically showed a completely different style in each of his last three wins. No one expected him to come out and box and fight Trout off the ropes and that's exactly what he did. He made him miss showing good defense, head and waist movement something we hadn't seen from him.

Against Angulo he was more of an aggressor and stood his grown against a guy accustomed to walking guys down. He was much more active and let " them gifted hands go" not being as economical with his punches as in other fights.It was a completely different strategy from the Trout fight and a great executed well considering his opponent's style. Had he fought in the same style as he did with Trout, Angulo would've been able to get going early on and gain more leverage from his punches.

Against Lara he won a close fight of his body punching alone. Something for some reason you're reason he lacks when he's a very good body puncher. We saw him being the aggressor throughout constantly having to walk Lara down as opposed to what we saw from him against Trout and Angulo.

There's really little we can gauge from GGG's development because he hasn't fought any real competition yet. Saying he's improving is simply making false assumption and something we won't be able to really know until he has someone in the ring who can compete with him.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
              he works on his stamina and learns how to cut off the ring. The Floyd performance was pathetic and he really showed his flaws. If I was advising him, I would tell him he needs a new trainer and conditionings coach because he's still fighting pretty much the same. I saw a little amounts of improvements in the Lara fight but essentially he is the same fighter. I wouldn't go near GGG until he improves on those two areas particularly stamina. If he does show improvements in those areas, I give a decent shot of beating GGG. Thoughts boxing heads?
              He will be top 5 when Floyd and Manny call it a day...
              GGG,Crawford,Canelo,Thurman,Ward,Rigo,Lomachenko,K ovalev,Gonzalez are my top 9-10 for end of next year.. I'm probably missing someone off the top of my head though...

Comment

He's good. The way he invested in body work against Runner Lara is what he should have done against Mayweather.hes one of the most dangerous fighters around the middle weight division. He cleans out MW outside of GGG. Everybody talks about how he 'struggles' with elite fighters but fail to realize that elite fighters (outside of Mayweather) also struggle against him. He made Lara look bad and he made Trout look like an amatuer.

Haters can choke on a dick. That's where they belong.

Comment

He beat Lara, Angulo, Trout, so him being rated number 10 p4p imo is legit.

Comment

He landed 15 punches against Lara all night, and thats a fact getting hit more than 5 times more and having edge in no numbers including connects and power punches even if you counted every single body/elbow shot he landed yet he "won" with odds like that he will be top p4p pretty soon over and over again whether you like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                      He landed 15 punches against Lara all night, and thats a fact getting hit more than 5 times more and having edge in no numbers including connects and power punches even if you counted every single body/elbow shot he landed yet he "won" with odds like that he will be top p4p pretty soon over and over again whether you like it or not.
                      Surely, you're going off your own punch stats and not what was calculated by Shostats. Shostats had Lara landing all jabs, and only landing about 10-15 more total punches vs. Canelo landing all power punches..

Seriously, where the **** did you get these numbers? Did you watch the fight on molly or meth?

Lara: 55 jabs 52 power punches
                      Canelo: 9 jabs 88 power punches.

A ten punch difference. Carry on....
                      Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 01-26-2015, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X