Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson hit harder than Foreman and Earnie Shavers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I held mitts, heavy bag and watched them spar. I talked to fighters who spar them, fought them and did well against and got their azzez kicked!!! I worked corners against Tyson and Formen whose corner have you been in? Tell me sonny which of these fighters have YOU worked with and what other champions have you assisted?

I'm offering a professional trainers opinion of power punchers and heavy handed men and your telling me I can't
    measure accuretely their power"????

This place is getting more and more like a grade school of wanna bees!!!

Your welcomed to believe which is more powerfull but to tell me that I'm not able to access punching power with mitts is just ridiculous! I trained fighters for 45 years, my original gym remains open to this day!!

The only "noodle" around here sonny is on your shoulders!!!

Your someone to avoid on here, just another kid looking for a cyber fight. Like a few others here, I'd love to meet ya!! Ray.
    Last edited by Ray Corso; 03-03-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      I held mitts, heavy bag and watched them spar. I talked to fighters who spar them, fought them and did well against and got their azzez kicked!!! I worked corners against Tyson and Formen whose corner have you been in? Tell me sonny which of these fighters have YOU worked with and what other champions have you assisted?

I'm offering a professional trainers opinion of power punchers and heavy handed men and your telling me I can't

Your welcomed to believe which is more powerfull but to tell me that I'm not able to access punching power with mitts is just ridiculous! I trained fighters for 45 years, my original gym remains open to this day!!

Your someone to avoid on here, just another kid looking for a cyber fight. Like a few others here, I'd love to meet ya!! Ray.
      Ray you are on of the few posters i respect on this site, thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with us, it is a pleasure to read you words my friend

Comment

jeeeeeeez man stop taking everything to heart. Im sure you got plenty more experience than me which i respect but were not talking here about guys who sparred with tyson and foreman that assesed there power (if so please give me an example that sparred both that you got there opinion from), were just talking about mitts, 1 aspect and i said you cant measure it ACCURATELY, you get alot of mixed views from trainers. As for heavy bags, havnt seen it in person but video footage says enough. With all your mitt work could you honestly tell me that a 15 yr old tyson hit as hard as prime foreman, i dont think you need to be experienced to know that.

Comment

i stand corrected just checked, thought u were assesing foremans power to 15 yr old tyson

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            Foreman's power was pummeling and torturing.

Tyson was like a quick slit of the throat when he KOd you.
            Very good analysis

Comment

I have to say I have agreed with your analysis in this thread on the bigger puncher. We are discussing this as spectators and fans of the sport and giving our opinion. If you gave your opinion without knocking others all the time because they haven't trained the fighters we are talking about I think more people would respect your posts. Just because we weren't there or didn't work with these fighters does not mean we can't form an opinion on them.

Also I am sure many posters take what you say with a pinch of salt, we don't know your or that you worked with fighters. We also have no idea if you have a bias towards one fighter or a secret hate towards another.

I for one am glad we have someone who was around certain fighters (if it is true) and like I hearing your opinions. But what I don't like is the way you try to belittle others.

Comment

The belittling starts on the other side first. I'm NOT trying to belittle anyone, I am a confident man whose spent years in a sport and have had sucesses and failures. You never read from me that I "hate" any fighter. In this business the fan sees the bravado and thinks its real!!!! You recently saw and read the "hate" between Rees and Broner yet when the fight was over you all saw them embrace and congradulate each other on their efforts!

There are boxing fans on this site that are disrespectfull little punks who would NEVER get in a ring to compete in boxing yet their here talking s..t!!!
                Thats what I don't like!! To have someone here who actually has trained with former champs and top notch contenders and not take advantage of my experience should tell you that theres an intimidation factor because they "feel" that I'm talking down to them when its just my confidence on the subject thats being projected.

Do you actually think that some twenty-two year old kid who "loves the sport" knows more about the sport than I do??? You see theres the confidence again!!
                I understand the dynamic completely and it is how I seperated the men from the boys in a boxing gym. When the boys shape up into men then they see the difference in me. Its not up to me to come down to their level I have no time for that crap. They need to step up to my level.
                I'm not sorry the internet wasn't around when I was an active trainer so that my name cpould be known for the kids here. In fact I'm very glad its not!
                I'm a very private man yet its MY real name in my avitar, think about that!
                Its very true that theres an element within the "boxing fan community" that sickens me. The disrespect shown to Pacman and a few years back of young Paul Williams as their defeated and in a compromizing position shouldn't be allowed! Boxing is about learning respect as much as anything. I don't see respect from a few of the minority here who prefer to degrade a defeated fighter instead of celebrate anothers victory. Te people I'm refering to wouldn't last fifteen minutes in my gym, I weed through the garbage quickly!
                Never allow cancers in a gym! Why their allowed here is a mystery to me. Boxing (& boxers) = Respect! Ray Corso

Comment

I think out of the three Shavers was the guy who could change a bad situation for himself around with a single punch. You could have him hurt or be completely outclassing him until lightning strikes....

Comment

The belittling starts on the other side first. I'm NOT trying to belittle anyone, I am a confident man whose spent years in a sport and have had sucesses and failures. You never read from me that I "hate" any fighter. In this business the fan sees the bravado and thinks its real!!!! You recently saw and read the "hate" between Rees and Broner yet when the fight was over you all saw them embrace and congradulate each other on their efforts!

There are boxing fans on this site that are disrespectfull little punks who would NEVER get in a ring to compete in boxing yet their here talking s..t!!!
                    Thats what I don't like!! To have someone here who actually has trained with former champs and top notch contenders and not take advantage of my experience should tell you that theres an intimidation factor because they "feel" that I'm talking down to them when its just my confidence on the subject thats being projected.

Do you actually think that some twenty-two year old kid who "loves the sport" knows more about the sport than I do??? You see theres the confidence again!!
                    I understand the dynamic completely and it is how I seperated the men from the boys in a boxing gym. When the boys shape up into men then they see the difference in me. Its not up to me to come down to their level I have no time for that crap. They need to step up to my level.
                    I'm not sorry the internet wasn't around when I was an active trainer so that my name cpould be known for the kids here. In fact I'm very glad its not!
                    I'm a very private man yet its MY real name in my avitar, think about that!
                    Its very true that theres an element within the "boxing fan community" that sickens me. The disrespect shown to Pacman and a few years back of young Paul Williams as their defeated and in a compromizing position shouldn't be allowed! Boxing is about learning respect as much as anything. I don't see respect from a few of the minority here who prefer to degrade a defeated fighter instead of celebrate anothers victory. Te people I'm refering to wouldn't last fifteen minutes in my gym, I weed through the garbage quickly!
                    Never allow cancers in a gym! Why their allowed here is a mystery to me. Boxing (& boxers) = Respect! Ray Corso
                    same applys to you, you have no idea who i am, not a trainer but have had plenty experience throwing punches and taking them. When you come on an internet boxing forum, where you know nobody, you cannot demand respect and expect everyone else on here to know nothing. I even asked you a while ago what guys you trained but got no responce, so was interested to know what experience you had. Lastly, nothing is ever certain in boxing, theres alot of different views from many experienced guys, that why boxing is good to debate. Being confident in your gym is fine but doing it over an internet forum doesnt do you any favours in trying to get people to respect you, you have to rely a little bit more on reasoning.
                    Last edited by likeamulekick; 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I came on here to share some boxing knowledge to possibly help out some youth or even console a retired fighter who might need a helping ear to listen.

I have a couple of trainers who I suggest technique to via video. A young trainer who I now help via email and video.

Everytime I state who I worked with throughout my career I get a few of the jerks come on and say how I'm demeaning a few posters by "bragging" then they want "proof" of what I'm saying.

If you can't understand through my terminology and my explaination about method & technique has substance theres no need to carry on further.

So tell me Mr. lickamulekick, what gym are from, are you amatuer or pro fighter, who have you worked with, and who is or was your trainer? Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X