Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is university life, the best time ever

to all the people who have been, or are still involved

is it really that great???

No. I did not think it was that great. I think the attraction is that it is the first time you have any independance from your parents before you get nailed to the wall as a wage slave.

Comment

No.

you look back on it as better than it was.

You think it's going to be all fun, booze, parties, hot women, sex, booze, etc

There are some good parts, but the reality of it is not having enough money to eat properly, being broke 6 days a week apart from the one day when you go out and spunk your entire weeks money on piss, being disconnected from reality, catching STD's off ****ing trollops, sitting up till 4am the day before assignment due date, pregnancy scares, hovel like living conditions, childish ****ing dramas, etc etc etc

The good side of it is freedom to do pretty much what you want (don't fancy getting up in the morning, fine, stay in bed) etc, but you are so disconnected from the real world outside of university that it dulls your brain, and you are also going to be broke, so you can't or won't end up doing anything worthwhile with your time anyway

I am MUCH happier as a working man than I was then, I mean i had a good time, but looking back it was over-hyped and had a lot more **** times than i do now.

I suppose it might be better in a way if you have rich Mummy and Daddy to support you financially, but even so, the rest of what I said will still apply.

If you are thinking of going, only do it if you have a CLEAR career path laid out, and are going to dedicate yourself to study.
      Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 09-15-2012, 06:56 AM.

Comment

if it was ****, then no.

Depends on the uni and the people, and what u did. Me and my mates did some funny stupid crazy stuff, but i wouldnt say it was so amazing.

Hardly ever drank. Didnt really get laid. Ddnt 'party'. But i still came away with some stories and a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          No.

you look back on it as better than it was.

You think it's going to be all fun, booze, parties, hot women, sex, booze, etc

There are some good parts, but the reality of it is not having enough money to eat properly, being broke 6 days a week apart from the one day when you go out and spunk your entire weeks money on piss, being disconnected from reality, catching STD's off ****ing trollops, sitting up till 4am the day before assignment due date, pregnancy scares, hovel like living conditions, childish ****ing dramas, etc etc etc

The good side of it is freedom to do pretty much what you want (don't fancy getting up in the morning, fine, stay in bed) etc, but you are so disconnected from the real world outside of university that it dulls your brain, and you are also going to be broke, so you can't or won't end up doing anything worthwhile with your time anyway

I am MUCH happier as a working man than I was then, I mean i had a good time, but looking back it was over-hyped and had a lot more **** times than i do now.

I suppose it might be better in a way if you have rich Mummy and Daddy to support you financially, but even so, the rest of what I said will still apply.

If you are thinking of going, only do it if you have a CLEAR career path laid out, and are going to dedicate yourself to study.
          Why do you hate people with rich parents?

Yeah University is good, just don't let yourself go off the rails.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
            Why do you hate people with rich parents?

Yeah University is good, just don't let yourself go off the rails.
            They tend to be spoilt, entitled and dependant

I don't "hate" them, but them's the facts

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              They tend to be spoilt, entitled and dependant

I don't "hate" them, but them's the facts
              Seems very harsh, nobody gets to choose the family they were born into. I don't like the fact that it's acceptable to show prejudice towards them when, if the situation were reversed, there would be an absolute ****storm.

Comment

The best time is when you're single, young, and get your first decent/good job, and your own place. So basically after college if you didn't get tied down.

Comment

for everyone it's different...

i'm a little older then lots of posters here & there have been several sayings over the years like " high school or university are the best years of your life" but i think it is different with every individual. i never went to university but i finished high school(barely as you can tell by my grammar). high school were not my best years. i became an ironworker at 21 but wasn't making the money i do now because there was not as much work then. my 20's were a blur. i wasted all my time & money partying. i had some good times but my life really took off in 2006. i decided it was time to go find myself. i was a free spirit & had no purpose or goals & i was almost 32. everyone had a mortgage, kids, wife, etc & i didn't have any of that & i started getting a little depressed. i had surgery in febuary of 2006 & as soon as i recovered i started travelling. instead of going to the bar i stayed home on weekends by myself unless there was a concert so i could save money for my vacations. i would save, go on a holiday & immediately after i was already plotting my next adventure. i've left canada 17 times visiting 11 countries since may 2006. these last 6 years have been the best years of my life & i'm so glad i didn't get married, have kids or buy a house. i would be living in a whole lot of regret. the old saying " i wish i was 21 again & know what i know now" is what describes the feelings i get on occasion because life only makes sense when we look back, too bad we are always moving forward...
                  Last edited by joe strong; 09-15-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Minimal study, partied almost every night for 3 years, slept with at least 30+ girls, left with a first. Yes it's pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X