No announcement yet.

I just dont get how MMA is exciting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just dont get how MMA is exciting

Whenever they are fighting standing up they are never in range to hit. I understand they are worried about a take down or whatever, but obviously that's part of the game. I mean for 5 minutes a rd in a primarily stand up fight hardly anything is ever thrown. All I ever see is two guys circling around and every 3-4 seconds come together and throw 1 punch, 1 kick, or maybe 2.

Not even going to get into the ground game. It just interests none at all.

Everyone once in a while there is a highlight finish. I guess thats what keeps people coming back. Cn't deny the finishes can be cool sometimes. Unless its the HW's. They barely make it passed rd 1, and if they do they are gassed.

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
    Whenever they are fighting standing up they are never in range to hit. I understand they are worried about a take down or whatever, but obviously that's part of the game. I mean for 5 minutes a rd in a primarily stand up fight hardly anything is ever thrown. All I ever see is two guys circling around and every 3-4 seconds come together and throw 1 punch, 1 kick, or maybe 2.

Not even going to get into the ground game. It just interests none at all.

Everyone once in a while there is a highlight finish. I guess thats what keeps people coming back. Cn't deny the finishes can be cool sometimes. Unless its the HW's. They barely make it passed rd 1, and if they do they are gassed.
    Put it on FX if your in the US and watch some good fights tonight more action and a lot ways to finish and battle anything can I mean you could always watch guys like Khan and Malignaggi pitty pat for a half hour either way its just a sport you have to enjoy thats all

Comment

That's how. Watch the whole vid. Maybe the best I've ever seen.

Comment

If you're looking for some superior boxing, you're obviously gonna be upset

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          If you're looking for some superior boxing, you're obviously gonna be upset
          This

The hands in MMA is terrible, but that is slowly changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
            This

This is true for the most part but its because you have to work 4 other aspects of your game as well so its tough to compare for a strictly boxing fan

Comment

Don't go in expecting world class boxing. Go in expecting entertainment.

This is exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
                This

Its expected, They wont ever be superior boxers

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
                This is true for the most part but its because you have to work 4 other aspects of your game as well so its tough to compare for a strictly boxing fan
                Yea there is too much just to work on one aspect. You gotta be well rounded

Comment

I will say tho I'd be willing to say you pick any one you want at any weight class in Boxing and put him in a fight with a MMA guy in the same weight class MMA guys wins IN A FIGHT everytime or 90% gotta give them some credit

Comment

You guy's are crazy. MMA has some of the best boxers in the world.

Take these two fine gentlemen for instance....

Comment

Working...
                    X