No announcement yet.

James Toneys greatest wins: Rank them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toneys greatest wins: Rank them

What do you think Jame Toney 5 greatest wins are? Post and discuss.

1. Michael Nunn
    2. Vasilly Jirov
    3. Evander Holyfield
    4. Reggie Johnson
    5. Iran Barkley

LMAO that list is awful

1. McCallum 2
    2. Nunn
    3. Prince Charles
    4. Jirov
    5. Johnson

P.S. The first Sam Peter fight would of been #3 I thought Toney got robbed

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      LMAO that list is awful

1. McCallum 2
      2. Nunn
      3. Prince Charles
      4. Jirov
      5. Johnson

P.S. The first Sam Peter fight would of been #3 I thought Toney got robbed
      Seriously, how can you rate a win over a near 36 year old fighter over both Nunn and Jirov who were at the top of their games? And what is the deal with ranking Williams, who went 1-1-1 before retiring after Toney and wasn't even ranked at 168 at the time? I mean are you intentionally trying to troll or are you really this thick?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Seriously, how can you rate a win over a near 36 year old fighter over both Nunn and Jirov who were at the top of their games? And what is the deal with ranking Williams, who went 1-1-1 before retiring after Toney and wasn't even ranked at 168 at the time? I mean are you intentionally trying to troll or are you really this thick?
        LOL McCallum was ranked the #1 or #2 middleweight in the world and hadn't lost since 88

LOL that was Prince Charles first fight at 168 in over 10 years smart guy, that is why he wasn't ranked. Prince Charles was considered the best light heavyweight in the world when Henry Maske beat him and he moved down to fight Toney a few fights later and of course he wasn't as good after that fight Toney destroyed him.

Damn you're stupid

Comment

LOL McCallum was ranked the #1 or #2 middleweight in the world and hadn't lost since 88
          Wrong again, smart guy. And he was still nearly 36, and Toney still needed a MD. Definitely not his best fight.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th..._Ratings:_1992

LOL that was Prince Charles first fight at 168 in over 10 years smart guy, that is why he wasn't ranked. Prince Charles was considered the best light heavyweight in the world when Henry Maske beat him and he moved down to fight Toney a few fights later and of course he wasn't as good after that fight Toney destroyed him.
          1-2-1 in his last 4 fights including Toney. 4-3-1 in his last 7 dating back to Maske. Yeah, the guy was a world beater at that point!

Danm you're stupid
          Lmao!!! So glad I caught this before you edited it!!! Keep trolling son, keep on trolling!!

Comment

Lmao!!! So glad I caught this before you edited it!!! Keep trolling son, keep on trolling!!
            Read your own link dummy

"The Ring Magazine's Annual Ratings: 1992

As selected by The Ring magazine in the April 1993 issue. "

That is there end of year rankings not the rankings when Toney and McCallum fought(August of 1992)

Oh and look at your link again. In there end of year 1992 rankings Prince Charles was the #1 ranked light heavy in the world his only lost between then and when he fought Toney was Henry Maske.

My god you're stupid

Comment

Read your own link dummy

"The Ring Magazine's Annual Ratings: 1992

As selected by The Ring magazine in the April 1993 issue. "

That is there end of year rankings not the rankings when Toney and McCallum fought(August of 1992)

Oh and look at your link again. In there end of year 1992 rankings Prince Charles was the #1 ranked light heavy in the world his only lost between then and when he fought Toney was Henry Maske.

My god you're stupid

Can you show me the monthly ranking please, I don't have access to it? And you still haven't touched on him being 36 and how this was a great fight for Toney when he won by MD.

And how does Charles ranking the year before have anything to do with what his record was and who he was fighting at and around the time of the Toney fight?

Keep name calling and you're going to find yourself outside this section very quickly. A little name calling is fine, but it isn't going to happen every post.

Comment

Can you show me the monthly ranking please, I don't have access to it? And you still haven't touched on him being 36 and how this was a great fight for Toney when he won by MD.

And how does Charles ranking the year before have anything to do with what his record was and who he was fighting at and around the time of the Toney fight?

Keep name calling and you're going to find yourself outside this section very quickly. A little name calling is fine, but it isn't going to happen every post.

McCallum's career at Middleweight leading up to his rematch against Toney

D Toney
                W Sumbu
                W Collins
                W Graham
                L Sumbu

So yeah its pretty obvious he was ranked #1 or #2

If Prince Charles was the #1 light heavyweight in the world and his only loss between then and when he fought Toney was to Maske then its obvious he was still a great opponent.

Comment

McCallum's career at Middleweight leading up to his rematch against Toney

D Toney
                  W Sumbu
                  W Collins
                  W Graham
                  L Sumbu

So yeah its pretty obvious he was ranked #1 or #2

If Prince Charles was the #1 light heavyweight in the world and his only loss between then and when he fought Toney was to Maske then its obvious he was still a great opponent.

So you can offer no proof of where McCallum was ranked. You haven't touched on his age or how this was a great win for Toney as a MD over a 36 year old and you're trying to rationalize the Williams fight though his record tells a different story.

Comment

What do you think Jame Toney 5 greatest wins are? Post and discuss.

1. Michael Nunn
                    2. Vasilly Jirov
                    3. Evander Holyfield
                    4. Reggie Johnson
                    5. Iran Barkley
                    I'd take out Barkley and where is McCallum?

Comment

Working...
                    X