No announcement yet.

Fitness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness

What kind of running etc. would i need to be able to be on constant attack through 3 rounds. e.g...More sprints than long runs?

Originally posted by angus the bull View Post
    What kind of running etc. would i need to be able to be on constant attack through 3 rounds. e.g...More sprints than long runs?
    I'm a swarmer/puncher. My roadwork has been sprints only for the past three months, now. It has helped my attack game considerably compared to my usual, 3-4 mile, slow runs.

Comment

yeah, depends on your style.....im a boxer/puncher i prefer to work outside and set my combos up so i focus more on endurance runs and slower paced sort of stamina exercises as opposed to a swarming explosive kind of fighter who would focus more on explosive sprints etc..

Comment

Try stair sprinting.

I've been doing interval sprints on stairs. 3 mins to 1 min rest! It's an absolute killer and will increase your stamina loads!

The big mistake I was making previously was going for long 4-5 miles runs. Problem was the intensity wasn't anywhere near the intensity of sparring. In my opinion, your roadwork should match the intensity experienced in sparring.
        So many boxers are happy with just the long distance stuff day in day out. An experienced AM told me it's the guys who do something a little bit different in training that end up being succesful in the ring.

Comment

i already do stairs. how many times a week should i do long runs and normal sprints?

Comment

Working...
          X