No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: GGG Not The Marvel Everyone Believes He Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    so then why doesnt ggg just say no? if its as simple as u make it out to be. Because he needs canelo i mean it is what it is belt orgs made belts meaningless so this idea that all the sudden they are end all be all because ggg fan boys say so is ridiculous. If he doesnt want to fight at 155 dont take the fight its not that complicated. that wbc belt has not fought at 160 in years it is what it is ggg really cares about the belts like he says hell refuse 155 and take the belt
    Because negotiations for the fight haven't started yet because they already agreed to make the fight after a voluntary for both.
    This is all public talking, but what matters really is what they say in the negotiations table, in private.
    If next year Canelo insists with 155 (I think he will be more realistic and offer 156, and then in later stages 157) Golovkin will say no, for sure. I think Golovkin will only accept 159 or 160. Because Canelo will be at least as big as GGG there, so no point in making a catchweight. The catchweight is just a way for Canelo to say, I'm not as good as you, I need to outweight you in order to think that I have a chance to win the fight.

Comment

Its a pattern. People say Canelo is ducking a guy, be it Trout or Lara or Cotto. Then when Canelo signs to fight them their fans come out and for months say why Canelo will be schooled or is in over is his head. Then after the fight they cry robbery and make excuses for their guy. GGG will be no different.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Because negotiations for the fight haven't started yet because they already agreed to make the fight after a voluntary for both.
        This is all public talking, but what matters really is what they say in the negotiations table, in private.
        If next year Canelo insists with 155 (I think he will be more realistic and offer 156, and then in later stages 157) Golovkin will say no, for sure. I think Golovkin will only accept 159 or 160. Because Canelo will be at least as big as GGG there, so no point in making a catchweight. The catchweight is just a way for Canelo to say, I'm not as good as you, I need to outweight you in order to think that I have a chance to win the fight.
        If I were betting on it, I think anything 157 and higher ggg takes the fight......

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          he deserves to be blackballed by other fighters in his own division because he wasn't about to immediately move up and accept a ****ty deal to fight the best fighter in the division above him?
          Lol @ blackballed. Don't fall for that ducked and feared marketing campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            so what do you call Froch and Jr at 168 and Ward at 164?!?...what's that called?!?...Bravery?!?

one minute you cats say Lil G wants the GLORY and that's why he's pursuing a unification fight....then he doesn't want Ward at 168 and ya'll call it BUSINESS....beating Ward ONCE gets Lil G more GLORY than beating Nelo TWICE

but Lil G is no coward in your eyes....if you stop letting him give you facials you'll see clearly bro...get the man juice off your face and outta your eyes....you dudes sound weird sometimes
            Mayweather dud that with Canelo at 152, but not Cotto. Everyone does it unfortunately. It's part of boxing, not for the better

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
              It takes a special kind of idiot to defend Canelo's cowardice.
              Anyone that says Canelo is a coward is an idiot. Fought Trout and Lara when people thought he wouldnt. If he fights GGG at 157, it's the same thing May did v Canelo and Pac did v Cotto

Comment

If 155 is part of the negotiations GGG and K2 can just refuse and ask for an immediate purse bid. Can't make them fight 155 in a purse bid. The question is will GGG whore himself down to 155 for a big payday and leach off of Canelo's fame?

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                  If 155 is part of the negotiations GGG and K2 can just refuse and ask for an immediate purse bid. Can't make them fight 155 in a purse bid. The question is will GGG whore himself down to 155 for a big payday and leach off of Canelo's fame?
                  and if he doesnt you'll just call him a paper champ who only wins titles in a boardroom. So what difference does it make? You're going to find a reason to hate no matter what he does, jackass..............

Comment

Most of this site said the same thing about Canelo before and after the Mayweather fight. Personally I think Canelo has gained confidence, moreso in the Cotto fight when he realized once he took the hook away from Cotto there was nothing there to hurt him. I like both fighters in this equation and really hope we don't get more WBC trickery, also want the winner of the bout to get their credit for winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      If I were betting on it, I think anything 157 and higher ggg takes the fight......
                      Yeah, I think 156/157 does it. And DLH-Hopkins kinda set the bar with 157, if I recall correctly. And if I recall correctly, Hopkins came in at like 156 to everyone's surprise. And still won by TKO although I believe that fight was shady.

Anyway, Canelo-GGG is a great fight. GGG can probably afford another year and Canelo would be wise to get more seasoning against bigger opponents. Sucks we have to wait but I suspect there will be enough good matchups in 2016 to keep us entertained.

Comment

Working...
                      X