No announcement yet.

Andre Ward offers Marco Antonio Periban a HBO-televised fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    You know that that isn't the truth, but you continue to try and push that stupidity anyway.

Ward-Smith, if folks are being honest about it, likely comped 2k tickets of the 10k people who actually came to see the fight (through various discounts or just straight-up giveaways).

The fact that you still call yourself a "promoter" is hilarious.
    its a joke dummy, try to keep up with the rest of the class.

And why would I still call myself a "promoter" when I no longer promote? That makes no sense. Technically I guess I'm an ex-promoter, but who even cares (besides you)?

This fascination you have with me isnt healthy. You really should try and get past it......

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      you couldnt pay me to attend a Ward fight, but I will certainly watch that one on tv.

I will however be at Canelo-GGG if it happens. Feel free to look me up......
      I will be at a NW suburban Chicago bar for Canelo-GGG. It takes true talent to root me out of my nesting place. Crawford, Ward do it for me. Canelo-GGG? I'll drop the $10 cover charge at Fox & Hounds for that mismatch.

Merry Christmas Terry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I will be at a NW suburban Chicago bar for Canelo-GGG. It takes true talent to root me out of my nesting place. Crawford, Ward do it for me. Canelo-GGG? I'll drop the $10 cover charge at Fox & Hounds for that mismatch.

Merry Christmas
        Terry.
        likewise....... :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          You know that that isn't the truth, but you continue to try and push that stupidity anyway.

Ward-Smith, if folks are being honest about it, likely comped 2k tickets of the 10k people who actually came to see the fight (through various discounts or just straight-up giveaways).

The fact that you still call yourself a "promoter" is hilarious.
          You talk about truth, then go off and say 'likely comped 2k tickets'. Based on what? Give us some facts if you're talking facts.... For all we know over half that arena was comp'd out. They comp'd 1,308 tickets for the Dawson fight, and that's a fight people wanted to see....

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Andre Ward has put at least 10k people into Oracle Arena on at least three occasions (vs. Kessler, vs. Dawson, and vs. Smith).

How many people has Sullivan Barrera ever drawn to a venue, anywhere in the state of Florida?
          Ward's only put atleast 10k people into Oracle Arena one time.

Date-----------Fight-----------------Attendance
          6/20/2015-----Ward/Smith--- -----9,016
          11/16/2013----Ward/Rodriguez----4,158
          9/8/2012-------Ward/Dawson------8,919
          12/17/2011----Ward/Froch---------5,626
          5/14/2011------Ward/Abraham-----5,311
          11/27/2010----Ward/Bika-----------4,100
          6/19/2010------Ward/Green--------8,797
          11/21/2009-----Ward/Kessler------10,277
          5/16/2009------Ward/Miranda ------7,818

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            None of Ward's fights were exciting.

I suffered through Ward-Kessler (Ward should have been DQed) and Ward-Froch. Ward-Dawson was sickening, because poor Chad wasn't much more than a corpse from the weight-draining.

I watched Ward-Miranda, Ward-Bika (referee helped Ward, repeatedly admonishing Bika for fouling while letting Ward use whatever illegal tactics he wanted) Ward-Abraham (Ward used deliberate head butts and clinching) and Ward-Green, during which Ward should have been DQed for excessive holding and repeatedly clamping Green's arms.

I watched Ward-Rodriguez, the shady Jack Reiss was on Ward's side (although to save face, he deducted points from both when Rodriguez retaliated a bit to Ward's dirty tactics).

I didn't bother to watch all of Ward-Smith. In the parts I did watch, Ward was clinching and and clamping like always, even against such an overmatched opponent.

Highlights of Ward-Kessler:

WOW, this guy andre ward is not very talented, he's just an illegal fighter like Klitshcko and other clinchers... postol, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              WOW, this guy andre ward is not very talented, he's just an illegal fighter like Klitshcko and other clinchers... postol, etc.

log off homie....it's okay to dislike the dude but it's OBVIOUS Ward is a SPECIAL fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post

log off homie....it's okay to dislike the dude but it's OBVIOUS Ward is a SPECIAL fighter
                I agree, he is very SPECIAL at clinching and headbutting.

Comment

• Make that a HBO Latino night not regular HBO , ROC NATION guys in red

Andre Ward vs Marco Pariban

Yuriorkas Gamboa vs Bryan Vasquez

Orlando Del Valle vs Walter Castillo

Comment

• Keep an eye on Barrera's career, let's see if he makes anywhere close to $300k in his next few fights.

Ward can't force guys like him and GGG to fight if they don't want to. Andre is the most avoided fighter in the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by From Russia View Post
                      I agree, he is very SPECIAL at clinching and headbutting.
                      I can see it now, if Ward washes Krusher he'll get no credit from cats like you huh?....you already got an excuse waiting in the bag....it's kinda weird for a guy who hasn't lost since he was a kid to be in a NO WIN situation with CERTAIN fans...I just hope the Krusher fans will RESPECT Ward more afterwards just like the BHop fans do Krusher....it's JUST a competition....NOTHING personal

Comment

Working...
                      X