No announcement yet.

Is Benavidez the new Tommy hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    I don't know, but I think the kid will get exposed even before people start with the "he needs to step up" phase. Am I wrong for saying that? Good jab and overall fundamentals, but I just don't see him getting to the big stage for some reason.
    really? i wont be putting him against maidana or mathysse anytime soon but i think he does fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      I don't think so. Like I said in the other thread, it was the dude's first 8 rounder and you could see him fading. He had a Martinez moment, to relaxed and didn't see the punch coming. Keep in mind he's only 20 years old too.
      ^^^

Benavidez looked very good last night. That jab was something to fall in love with. He had a shaky moment late in the fight, but hey, Canelo got tagged by lil Cotto when he was like 20 too, came out of that fight a better fighter thereafter.

lol @ miranda's trainer yelling, "good job, good job, you won, you won" i guess they took notes from pac-bradley (is jusa joke)

Comment

He did what Sillakh and Khan should have done, grabbed his opponent and killed the clock.

He's sharp offensively but he's got a lot of defensive flaws. His biggest flaw is head movement but yeah he does have a piston-like jab.

Comment

LMFAO

Comment

hearns had a great jab and length, but what made him remarkable was the right hand that came after it. and the left hook.

he's as good a puncher at WW as you're ever gonna see.

benavidez was nearly stopped by the journeyman he fought on saturday. let's hold off on breaking out the anointing oil

Comment

Yep he reminds me of Hearns. Almost twins.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                Yep he reminds me of Hearns. Almost twins.

lots of men face down and unconscious from right hands in that highlight

Comment

Originally posted by Ggurts si kab View Post
                  I know its too early to compare them two, but the stiff benavidez jab is hearns like.
                  He almost got KO'd in his last fight, so probably.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                    He almost got KO'd in his last fight, so probably.

hearns' chin wasn't mush, if that's what you're implying.

Comment

Benavidez did great, just that his defense relies a lot on distance, just needs to work on tighting his defense when he's in range, but he'll be good.

Comment

Working...
                      X