Joshua lost the 2nd round to Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    That's another abysmal fight
    It is. It’s an awful fight. But I want Joshua to get it out of the way, that way when Fury/Wilder is over Hearn doesn’t throw in his hands and go “oops, another mandatory!”

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Pulev. The actual mandatory.
      thats a horrible fight

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        thats a horrible fight
        Post above you haha

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          Whyte has done more to deserve a fight then Ortiz to be honest
          True but Ortiz is a way better fighter

Comment

King Kong Ortiz, man......
            Whyte has a nice winning steak going and he has never lost since losing to AJ a long time ago. Ortiz is not far off from a KO loss to Wilder so AJ would be fighting a recent Wilder left over if he fights Ortiz. If he beats Ortiz his critics would say Wilder softened Ortiz up for him. Whyte is ranked above Ortiz and has earned the shot at AJ before Ortiz. Ortiz has no good win since being KOed by Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Whyte has a nice winning steak going and he has never lost since losing to AJ a long time ago. Ortiz is not far off from a KO loss to Wilder so AJ would be fighting a recent Wilder left over if he fights Ortiz. If he beats Ortiz his critics would say Wilder softened Ortiz up for him. Whyte is ranked above Ortiz and has earned the shot at AJ before Ortiz. Ortiz has no good win since being KOed by Wilder.
              But Ortiz would still fck Whyte up

Comment

You have to admit Whyte has come a long way since that fight. Even I didn't think he'd be anything more than British level but he's got one of the best resumes at HW since that loss and as an AJ fan I'm actually a bit nervous about the rematch now and wonder if there is some truth to him hurting his left shoulder after seeing the brutal KO's of Browne and Chisora and the heavy KD of Parker. Still think Joshua wins by KO, but Whyte has earned a title shot, whether that's against Joshua or not. I'm pretty certain at this point that he'd smash Breazeale and Ortiz to bits

Comment

Agreed! And what is all this "deserve" stuff. Ali fought everyone and anyone ... so did Tyson and Holyfield and Lewis. All these contenders are like Rahman was back in the day. Probably don't deserve it, but whoever does? Yet Rahman did the unthinkable.

Ortiz was AJ's mandatory way back when .... it's a worthy fight, and the next best after Wilder or Fury for AJ.

Comment

I wouldn't have believed that I'd be saying this a year or 2 ago, but I think Whyte KO's Ortiz. Whyte has come a long way and Ortiz doesn't look like the same dude that ran through Jennings and that I saw fight live against Tony Thompson. He looks slow and sluggish now and we know stamina is a real issue for him. I think Whyte fights patiently for the first 6 rounds then stops on the gas and stops Ortiz late

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                      Go away, king Kong Ortiz doesn't fight ANYONE. He's not getting another free title shot because a few people online rate him.
                      Whyte ran from the Ortiz fight when it was right there for him ... for reasons.

AJ's promoter had Ortiz when he was AJ's mandatory, and never considered making the fight.

No more whining and attempted disrespect. If Ortiz isn't good enough, prove it. Fight him and remove him from the contenders list ...

Comment

Working...
                      X