No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cooney Backs Fury: Wilder Was Baffled, Made No Adjustments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    Cooney was baffled by Larry Holmes but somehow the referees had the fight much closer than I had it. Cooney was the aggressive puncher and was out boxed. Two of the judges had it 115-113, the only difference was that Conney was the one dropped a couple times.
    Holmes wasn't well liked in his time, Cooney was.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      that is exactly how I saw it..... King Fury, the real-life Rocky

however I totally disagree with the AJ fans who have taken the opportunity to dismiss Wilder LMAO

Wilder dropped Fury TWICE, and a lesser man would not have climbed off the canvas in the 12th

is AJ a lesser man than Fury..... ?

he is pretty tough, but he has been rocked/dropped before

not sure

but he is certainly not as slick as the gypsy king

I am sure Wilder will land that same punch eventually

so are Team Joshua, which is why they avoided that fight
      I'm more of a fan of AJ than of Fury or Wilder, but wouldn't use this fight to dismiss Wilder. It didn't really show any more or less of Wilder than any previous fight has.
      Can he knock anyone down with a single landed straight right? Yes, but we already knew that. Does he need to do more than simply tee-up that big right to the head at every opportunity? Yes, but we already knew that as well.
      The only negative point for Wilder was that he was not able to change his approach and adapt to a different style of opponent.
      Maybe this will be the kick up the ass he needs to learn something other than plan A.

Comment

Let's not forget that Tyson gave Wilder a couple of free punches at the end and he still couldn't knock him out.

I agree with Cooney btw. It's refreshing to see Americans standing up and calling the bs decision for what it was.

It's just same that biased tards like Fat Dan can't do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
          Yet, Fury was down in the 9th and 12th rounds. So, Fury made adjustments that led to him being knocked down twice??? Something obviously changed that resulted in Fury spending half the 12th round recovering from a knockdown.

Ok, that means Fury made adjustments that led to him being ko'd. Why would Wilder make adjustments when Fury made the adjustments that led to Wilder dominating the championship rounds?

Wilder still the best heavyweight in the world. No doubt about it. It was like the Canelo-Lara fight, except Wilder had two knockdowns, one of which was a knock out. Haters just can't admit that Wilder is the best. Making excuses and crying that they didn't change the rules of how to score rounds. They changed the rules to not allowing Fury to be counted out, allowed Fury to use peds for years and Wilder still destroyed him. If a Fury who has been juicing for 3 years and has a no knockout clause can't beat Wilder, he has no chance in any rematch. #Facts

Keep on crying haters. Wilder is the heavyweight champ for the next decade. Joshua and Fury both have no chance against Wilder. Fury was exposed. Fury never made any adjustment to stop those power shots from landing. He tried to run and stay away the whole fight, ala Lara against Canelo. Fury tired out though, and got caught. Can't see Fury making it four or five rounds in a rematch. Wilder has him figured out.
          You are really bummed about how amateurish Wilder looked huh.

Comment

Wilder is an amateur thanks to Fury

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
              lmao. The only people who say Fury wasn't ko'd and/or deserved a draw are the British that live in their own little fantasy land. To admit to reality would destroy all their fantasies and fairy tales they try to convince themselves is real.

Done ko'd Fury, next up is Joshua!

War Wilder!
              I didn't know Malignaggi, Mayweather Jr., Andre Ward, Teddy Atlas, GGG, Able Sanchez, Badou Jack, Eddie Mustafa Muhammad, Lionell Thompson, Gerry Cooney, Stephen A. Smith, Eddie Chambers and DeMarcus Walker were British.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                I'm more of a fan of AJ than of Fury or Wilder, but wouldn't use this fight to dismiss Wilder. It didn't really show any more or less of Wilder than any previous fight has.
                Can he knock anyone down with a single landed straight right? Yes, but we already knew that. Does he need to do more than simply tee-up that big right to the head at every opportunity? Yes, but we already knew that as well.
                The only negative point for Wilder was that he was not able to change his approach and adapt to a different style of opponent.
                Maybe this will be the kick up the ass he needs to learn something other than plan A.

good post, agree entirely.....

these two points..... we knew !

* Can he knock anyone down with a single landed
                * Does he need to do more

and Wilder is not a well-rounded thinking fighter, which is why this does not surprise me either.....

* not able to change his approach and adapt

like I said..... no surprises happened last weekend

and yet..... Wilder has still managed to NAIL every opponent put in front of him, including the slick Fury

Eddie and Joshua noticed

Wilder/Joshua will be no easier to make..... that fight will not happen until Joshua is ready..... which is the exact same reason it has not happened yet

nothing has changed

Comment

Joshua is avoiding Wilder..... for now

I don't even have a problem with it

I understand why..... it is plain ol common-sense

let's face it.....

1) Wilder only made himself relevant yesterday
                  2) Fury is Joshua's cash-out..... NOT Wilder
                  3) the anticipation for that fight has not peaked yet

#business

NOT making excuses for AJ, because he is obviously avoiding that fight

not a big deal at this point..... not until Joshua's fanbase deny deny deny and start blaming the other guy

as-is often the case around here lol

why the fcuk do people NEED to behave like that ?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                    Let's not forget that Tyson gave Wilder a couple of free punches at the end and he still couldn't knock him out.

I agree with Cooney btw. It's refreshing to see Americans standing up and calling the bs decision for what it was.

It's just same that biased tards like Fat Dan can't do the same.
                    Fat Dan and Tyson Fury have a mutual dislike of each other. Wilder could have gone the entire fight without even landing a single jab and fat Dan would have said he won clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                      Fat Dan and Tyson Fury have a mutual dislike of each other. Wilder could have gone the entire fight without even landing a single jab and fat Dan would have said he won clearly.
                      Look at state of this fat slob, he shouldn't be anywhere near a boxing event. An absolute embarrassment.

Also, check out the repulsed woman next to him!

Comment

Working...
                      X