Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBOX Series X, next generation console talk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play MLB The Show a ton. I'm a top 50 player online rated out of 215,000 players lol, and the highest rank i've achieved was 34. So as long as Sony has exclusive rights to MLB The Show, i'll always get the PS. That's my game right there. Idc about any other game tbh, other than Resident Evil and that's on both.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Im not a gamer but still end up getting the latest consoles.

Im definitely getting the PS5 over any xbox.. why? Cuz it’s made by Japs and simply better.

Imma get the pS5 with some motion sensors and play that sht like WII with my girls
      Lol, the Japanese can flop too. The 360 was better than the PS3 and that's not even a controversial statement...but the 360 was more prone to issues leading to the console ceasing to work properly. However, this generation the PS4 is better than the X1 but it is much more faulty than the X1 albeit more reliable than previous versions. It's weird because you would expect Microsoft to have the tech advantage when it comes to software (which it does and it shows with the UI and software integration) and Sony to have the hardware advantage but it didn't really show.

Xbox's game pass is better. Their online infrastructure is better. You can actually get games cheap as **** if you do an account share (my mate gets half price for each game on top of a region discount). The biggest and most important problem they have is...games.

You can have all the gimmicks and features you want but this is a GAMING console. A lot of the features they could have gone with back in the day are being built within TV's now through SmartTV.

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
      Sony and microsoft are promising things like 4k 120 fps, 8k 60 FPS, Ray tracing, and instant loading with the fully next gen NVMe drives.

That sounds like a lot of bullcrap, but they're the ones claiming it.

I have an RTX 2080 and I can't even hit 60 fps on a lot of games in 4k. Rise of the tomb raider, metro exodus, Assassin's creed odyssey, star wars fallen order etc.

A rig as powerful as the ones Sony and microsoft are describing would have to be a multi SLI build, and would probably cost north of 5000 dollars.
      Yeah, I definitely don't know about 8k 60FPS haven't read that anymore but to be fair I haven't looked into that much either.

The loading times are going to be SUPER quick, that's a given with the NVMe's. Last generation was massively under-powered. I remember I had my current PC then and my current PC was actually spec for spec more powerful (other than the GPU) and I didn't understand how they would run games like they would so smoothly.

It's like Apple phones, spec-wise they are trash BUT they run flawlessly...because everything is coded and designed for it. They don't have to share an OS with 100 other brands.

Comment

Xbox Series X 12 teraflops RDNA2.

We are talking about GPU performance on par with $700 cards at this time, with a 8 core/16 thread CPU, and a SSD.

I wouldn't be surprised at a $599 price.

Day one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Xbox Series X 12 teraflops RDNA2.

We are talking about GPU performance on par with $700 cards at this time, with a 8 core/16 thread CPU, and a SSD.

I wouldn't be surprised at a $599 price.

Day one.
          Why not wait for the PS5? which is definitely going to have the better exclusive games for the first 2 years at least.

Comment

Microsoft dropped pretty much the entire specs for the Series X:

Seems like they have a sense of humor about the form factor as well...

Seems like they learned from some of their mistakes from the Xbox 1 launch.

Thing is a beast.

Comment

I stick with Xbox through the One launch debacle thinking they would "make it right" but they didn't

They have let Sony claim almost every good exclusive and im not going to give them another chance

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
                I stick with Xbox through the One launch debacle thinking they would "make it right" but they didn't

They have let Sony claim almost every good exclusive and im not going to give them another chance
                Xbox has a superior online infrastructure and the spec of the new Xbox is actually promising for Microsoft because it's actually more powerful than the PS5. The Xbox One at launch was weaker than the PS4.

The biggest issue it is going to have is exclusive games. It does not have ANY exclusives and WILL NOT have any exclusives. All games that are typically earmarked to be played on Xbox and not playable on Playstation will also be able to be played on the PC.

That being an option now, gives gamers like me MUCH less of a need to purchase an Xbox. I can't do the same with PS5 exclusives. I can play them on PC or Xbox, I need to buy a PS5. If I could play these games on PC, I wouldn't even bother with a console.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  Xbox has a superior online infrastructure and the spec of the new Xbox is actually promising for Microsoft because it's actually more powerful than the PS5. The Xbox One at launch was weaker than the PS4.

The biggest issue it is going to have is exclusive games. It does not have ANY exclusives and WILL NOT have any exclusives. All games that are typically earmarked to be played on Xbox and not playable on Playstation will also be able to be played on the PC.

That being an option now, gives gamers like me MUCH less of a need to purchase an Xbox. I can't do the same with PS5 exclusives. I can play them on PC or Xbox, I need to buy a PS5. If I could play these games on PC, I wouldn't even bother with a console.
                  Yup

Like I was really happy with the Xbox 360, they had exclusive games (for a while at least) like Dead Space, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Dead Rising and many more.

Final Fantasy 7 remake was a HUGE blow to me as an Xbox owner, in fact I'll probably buy a PS4 after the lockdown just for that. And there's many other great ps4 exclusives.

Xbox has diddly, gears 13 and halo 9 don't interest me.

Comment

So the series X has similar performance to 2060 Super with an I5 8400. At least in this game. Nowhere near the 2080 TI that people were claiming.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      So the series X has similar performance to 2060 Super with an I5 8400. At least in this game. Nowhere near the 2080 TI that people were claiming.

Who was claiming that a 500 dollar console was gonna produce performance of a GPU which costs FOUR TIMES THAT?

for 500 dollars its as good as you could reasonably expect.

Comment

Working...
                      X