Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2019, 03:17 PM #61
The D3vil The D3vil is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Gary, Indiana
Posts: 3,206
Quoted: 1530 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
The D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 53,322.63
Bank: 1,828.49
Total Points: 55,151.12
Default

Horrible article.

Boxing is not the NFL.

Matter of fact, boxing is not like any other sport.

There aren't 4 different people claiming to be the NFL Champions all at once.

It's simple, you are the lineal champion until someone beats you or replaces you after retirement.

You can't just simply "lose" the lineal championship because you don't win it in the first place.

It's a ceremonial title that is given to the "man that beats the man".

No amount of time out of the ring strips you of that.

No suspension strips you of it.

The only way you could argue Fury's not the lineal champion would be if Wilder & Joshua had fought in the time that Fury was "retired", then you can say the no. 1 & 2 contenders fought while the lineal champion was retired.

That didn't happen.
The D3vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:22 PM #62
factsarenice factsarenice is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,356
Quoted: 2307 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
factsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these parts
Points: 411.09
Bank: 71,358.48
Total Points: 71,769.57
Default

It violates every rule but if there are no rules, you would be correct...amiright?

Also, weren't those licensing issues code for PED issues? My bad, I forgot we're doing the no rules thing and anyone with any sense knows that with no rules he can just do whatever, bring a gun or flaming sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Goat View Post
I do think Vitali was rightfully lineal and should have regained his status when he returned to thrash Peter in 2008 because the lineal status had not been re-established. Of course, when he retired in 2012 for good that all went away.

Fury was only out of the ring due to his license issues and anyone with any sense knows that. His mental health issues were just a cliffnote to the story. He was never really retired and lineage was never re-established. Hence, he's still the lineal champ. The end

Last edited by factsarenice; 09-17-2019 at 03:28 PM.
factsarenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:33 PM #63
Boxing Goat Boxing Goat is offline
The GOAT
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 12,308
Quoted: 4425 Post(s)
Rep Power: 36
Boxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 26,117.84
Bank: 99,265.04
Total Points: 125,382.88
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2013 vitali and bro are supreme - BTL Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 Great poster - Scott.Weiland. Cheers bro - Weltschmerz 
truly truly ATG - sugarsmosley truth hurts don't it? - Risen Thank you buddy - Weltschmerz Imagine that it's Wlad's c0ck when you stick it up your arse. - denium stick this in your hole and STFU - WTF Huck! 
Cheers mate! - Vlad_ No problem mate and thank you for the gift. - -Freddy- First Rate Poster - ironmt Something for you to suck on besides Pac's a$$. - travestyny Keep on sucking that Pac dlck bltch.  You can't win. Just like Pac. - travestyny 
Stop crying, cum bucket. - travestyny Cheers! - kafkod Have one back you fat spastic - Pat bateman 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by factsarenice View Post
It violates every rule but if there are no rules, you would be correct...amiright?

Also, weren't those licensing issues code for PED issues? My bad, I forgot we're doing the no rules thing and anyone with any sense knows that with no rules he can just do whatever, bring a gun or flaming sword.
It was for ped's and cocaine but what's your point?

The fight result wasn't overturned so no use in disputing anything.

And no, there's no real set of rules because lineage is really no longer attached to the Ring title anymore.
Boxing Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:46 PM #64
factsarenice factsarenice is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,356
Quoted: 2307 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
factsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these parts
Points: 411.09
Bank: 71,358.48
Total Points: 71,769.57
Default

So by your logic champions are for life and they can come back matched with cabbies and remain the real lineal champion. Lennox can come back and be a co-champion with Fury and fight Erick Berk or Bobby Leach and be the champion. If there are no rules maybe they can wear armor and fight lions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The D3vil View Post
Horrible article.

Boxing is not the NFL.

Matter of fact, boxing is not like any other sport.

There aren't 4 different people claiming to be the NFL Champions all at once.

It's simple, you are the lineal champion until someone beats you or replaces you after retirement.

You can't just simply "lose" the lineal championship because you don't win it in the first place.

It's a ceremonial title that is given to the "man that beats the man".

No amount of time out of the ring strips you of that.

No suspension strips you of it.

The only way you could argue Fury's not the lineal champion would be if Wilder & Joshua had fought in the time that Fury was "retired", then you can say the no. 1 & 2 contenders fought while the lineal champion was retired.

That didn't happen.
factsarenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:51 PM #65
uppercut510 uppercut510 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6,553
Quoted: 2616 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19
uppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 49,881.31
Bank: 1,902.93
Total Points: 51,784.24
Cheers! - Snoop Frog Great Post! - Nomadic 
Default

I like fury, but hes fought 2 nobodies and once got popped cheating....
uppercut510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:51 PM #66
factsarenice factsarenice is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,356
Quoted: 2307 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
factsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these parts
Points: 411.09
Bank: 71,358.48
Total Points: 71,769.57
Default

Great, so no rules mean that Lennox can be champ by beating Dennis Miller with brass knuckles. Fuc boxing, lets just bring in Fury in his mask to fight 4 midgets in clown suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Goat View Post
It was for ped's and cocaine but what's your point?

The fight result wasn't overturned so no use in disputing anything.

And no, there's no real set of rules because lineage is really no longer attached to the Ring title anymore.

Last edited by factsarenice; 09-17-2019 at 03:57 PM.
factsarenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:53 PM #67
factsarenice factsarenice is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,356
Quoted: 2307 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
factsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these partsfactsarenice is infamous around these parts
Points: 411.09
Bank: 71,358.48
Total Points: 71,769.57
Default

BTW, if the picture in your posts is your wife you are my idol and I agree with your top 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The D3vil View Post
Horrible article.

Boxing is not the NFL.

Matter of fact, boxing is not like any other sport.

There aren't 4 different people claiming to be the NFL Champions all at once.

It's simple, you are the lineal champion until someone beats you or replaces you after retirement.

You can't just simply "lose" the lineal championship because you don't win it in the first place.

It's a ceremonial title that is given to the "man that beats the man".

No amount of time out of the ring strips you of that.

No suspension strips you of it.

The only way you could argue Fury's not the lineal champion would be if Wilder & Joshua had fought in the time that Fury was "retired", then you can say the no. 1 & 2 contenders fought while the lineal champion was retired.

That didn't happen.

Last edited by factsarenice; 09-17-2019 at 03:56 PM.
factsarenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:59 PM #68
Boxing Goat Boxing Goat is offline
The GOAT
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 12,308
Quoted: 4425 Post(s)
Rep Power: 36
Boxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 26,117.84
Bank: 99,265.04
Total Points: 125,382.88
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2013 vitali and bro are supreme - BTL Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 Great poster - Scott.Weiland. Cheers bro - Weltschmerz 
truly truly ATG - sugarsmosley truth hurts don't it? - Risen Thank you buddy - Weltschmerz Imagine that it's Wlad's c0ck when you stick it up your arse. - denium stick this in your hole and STFU - WTF Huck! 
Cheers mate! - Vlad_ No problem mate and thank you for the gift. - -Freddy- First Rate Poster - ironmt Something for you to suck on besides Pac's a$$. - travestyny Keep on sucking that Pac dlck bltch.  You can't win. Just like Pac. - travestyny 
Stop crying, cum bucket. - travestyny Cheers! - kafkod Have one back you fat spastic - Pat bateman 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by factsarenice View Post
Great, so no rules mean that Lennox can be champ by beating Dennis Miller with brass knuckles. Fuc boxing, lets just bring in Fury in his mask to fight 4 midgets in clown suits.
No, there are unwritten rules within reason but if dumb people want to bring in animals or athletes from other sports into consideration, that's up to you idiots.

Here' I'll make it simple:

Fury is active and beat the man who was last lineal, therefore he is lineal.

Oh, and you don't have to agree. I could give f@ck all
Boxing Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:31 PM #69
davefromvancouv davefromvancouv is online now
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 658
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
davefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to behold
Points: 29,871.08
Bank: 4,982.05
Total Points: 34,853.13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskoolg View Post
How is he the lineal
Champion if he never beat Lewis? In fact if Marciano retired undefeated, wouldn’t the lineal title have ended there?
If the lineal champion officially retires, as Lewis and Marciano did, the top 2 fighters fight to create a new lineage. Floyd Patterson created a new lineage after Marciano. When Lewis retired for good, Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko were #1 and #2 but never fought, so the title remained vacant until Vitali retired. Wladimir beat #3 Povetkin after Vitali's last fight and beat #2 Pulev after Vitali officially retired, solidifying his claim to the lineal title. Then Fury beat Wladimir. Even though Fury was found to have PEDs in his system BEFORE the Klitschko fight, the official result was never changed to a no-contest. Even though he was subsequently banned, it was only temporary and Fury came back to defend his lineage 5 times. Now I agree it's EMBARRASSING that 4 out of 5 of those defenses have been against fighters ranked below the top 40 and 50, but he's still the lineal champion. However, it looks like his lineage is FINALLY coming to an end, having almost been knocked out by #2 Wilder in last year's classic and now, almost losing to #47 ranked Wallin via TKO ([Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.])
davefromvancouv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:37 PM #70
Fire4231 Fire4231 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,489
Quoted: 1611 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
Fire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 53,980.21
Bank: 1,828.49
Total Points: 55,808.70
Default

Lyle, thank you for coming to table with the common sense that some of these tired media agents would rather ignore.

Anything to self promote the network even if it means turning our sport into frame less blob of meaningless fights. The network and promoter are simply not bigger than the sport. Those who believe the sport is secondary should set up there own sport.

Last edited by Fire4231; 09-17-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Fire4231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.