Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury's Still a Star, But He's Not The Heavyweight Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible article.

Boxing is not the NFL.

Matter of fact, boxing is not like any other sport.

There aren't 4 different people claiming to be the NFL Champions all at once.

It's simple, you are the lineal champion until someone beats you or replaces you after retirement.

You can't just simply "lose" the lineal championship because you don't win it in the first place.

It's a ceremonial title that is given to the "man that beats the man".

No amount of time out of the ring strips you of that.

No suspension strips you of it.

The only way you could argue Fury's not the lineal champion would be if Wilder & Joshua had fought in the time that Fury was "retired", then you can say the no. 1 & 2 contenders fought while the lineal champion was retired.

That didn't happen.

Comment

It violates every rule but if there are no rules, you would be correct...amiright?

Also, weren't those licensing issues code for PED issues? My bad, I forgot we're doing the no rules thing and anyone with any sense knows that with no rules he can just do whatever, bring a gun or flaming sword.

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      I do think Vitali was rightfully lineal and should have regained his status when he returned to thrash Peter in 2008 because the lineal status had not been re-established. Of course, when he retired in 2012 for good that all went away.

Fury was only out of the ring due to his license issues and anyone with any sense knows that. His mental health issues were just a cliffnote to the story. He was never really retired and lineage was never re-established. Hence, he's still the lineal champ. The end
      Last edited by factsarenice; 09-17-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
        It violates every rule but if there are no rules, you would be correct...amiright?

Also, weren't those licensing issues code for PED issues? My bad, I forgot we're doing the no rules thing and anyone with any sense knows that with no rules he can just do whatever, bring a gun or flaming sword.
        It was for ped's and cocaine but what's your point?

The fight result wasn't overturned so no use in disputing anything.

And no, there's no real set of rules because lineage is really no longer attached to the Ring title anymore.

Comment

So by your logic champions are for life and they can come back matched with cabbies and remain the real lineal champion. Lennox can come back and be a co-champion with Fury and fight Erick Berk or Bobby Leach and be the champion. If there are no rules maybe they can wear armor and fight lions.

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
          Horrible article.

Boxing is not the NFL.

It's simple, you are the lineal champion until someone beats you or replaces you after retirement.

You can't just simply "lose" the lineal championship because you don't win it in the first place.

The only way you could argue Fury's not the lineal champion would be if Wilder & Joshua had fought in the time that Fury was "retired", then you can say the no. 1 & 2 contenders fought while the lineal champion was retired.

That didn't happen.

Comment

I like fury, but hes fought 2 nobodies and once got popped cheating....

Comment

Great, so no rules mean that Lennox can be champ by beating Dennis Miller with brass knuckles. Fuc boxing, lets just bring in Fury in his mask to fight 4 midgets in clown suits.

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              It was for ped's and cocaine but what's your point?

The fight result wasn't overturned so no use in disputing anything.

And no, there's no real set of rules because lineage is really no longer attached to the Ring title anymore.
              Last edited by factsarenice; 09-17-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

BTW, if the picture in your posts is your wife you are my idol and I agree with your top 10.

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                Horrible article.

Boxing is not the NFL.

That didn't happen.
                Last edited by factsarenice; 09-17-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                  Great, so no rules mean that Lennox can be champ by beating Dennis Miller with brass knuckles. Fuc boxing, lets just bring in Fury in his mask to fight 4 midgets in clown suits.
                  No, there are unwritten rules within reason but if dumb people want to bring in animals or athletes from other sports into consideration, that's up to you idiots.

Here' I'll make it simple:

Fury is active and beat the man who was last lineal, therefore he is lineal.

Oh, and you don't have to agree. I could give f@ck all

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    How is he the lineal
                    Champion if he never beat Lewis? In fact if Marciano retired undefeated, wouldn’t the lineal title have ended there?
                    If the lineal champion officially retires, as Lewis and Marciano did, the top 2 fighters fight to create a new lineage. Floyd Patterson created a new lineage after Marciano. When Lewis retired for good, Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko were #1 and #2 but never fought, so the title remained vacant until Vitali retired. Wladimir beat #3 Povetkin after Vitali's last fight and beat #2 Pulev after Vitali officially retired, solidifying his claim to the lineal title. Then Fury beat Wladimir. Even though Fury was found to have PEDs in his system BEFORE the Klitschko fight, the official result was never changed to a no-contest. Even though he was subsequently banned, it was only temporary and Fury came back to defend his lineage 5 times. Now I agree it's EMBARRASSING that 4 out of 5 of those defenses have been against fighters ranked below the top 40 and 50, but he's still the lineal champion. However, it looks like his lineage is FINALLY coming to an end, having almost been knocked out by #2 Wilder in last year's classic and now, almost losing to #47 ranked Wallin via TKO (https://boxrec.com/en/event/793512/2380608)

Comment

Lyle, thank you for coming to table with the common sense that some of these tired media agents would rather ignore.

Anything to self promote the network even if it means turning our sport into frame less blob of meaningless fights. The network and promoter are simply not bigger than the sport. Those who believe the sport is secondary should set up there own sport.
                      Last edited by Fire4231; 09-17-2019, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X