Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one of these was the worst excuse after a loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
    I don't have anything against Brits but I am sorry guys.....this is just so hilarious 😭🤣
    Wilder with his series of excuses after Fury's fight, "vodoo magic" ect...beat all the brit history tbh

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Their fanbases eat it up like flies eat sh/t.

Which one of these takes it? Is David Haye's little toe still the GOAT?

1. David Haye and his little toe excuse after losing to Wladimir Klitschko.

2. Carl Froch's plane delay, due to lingering volcanic ash, being one of the reasons he lost to Mikkel Kessler.

3. Anthony Joshua's locker room panic attack before facing "The Destroyer".

4. Ricky Hatton blaming Joe Cortez for not letting him wrestle in his loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
      Oh so you mean like, the most "creative", "outrageous", "absurd" or something, rumored or manufactured excuse, suggested by fake news, sappy fans, twitter, or something like that … not an actual legit, fighter confirmed, fact checked, "worst excuse", right ?

I'm thinking like, what fighter came out and literally said, "Yeah I wasn't at my best because of X, Y, and Z, and this is why I lost..."
      Is that the kind of legit "poll" you're shooting for ? Or... a farcical one, aimed at creating an outlet for some good ole fashion mudslingin', ribbing, of the butt-hurt, irrational, annoying, obnoxious, fans, that make this community what it is ? Ya know, just some classy, noble, backhanded lil fun funnin', cuz they deserve it, huh ?.
      Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 06-06-2019, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        Nobody is making excuses for Joshua, everybody agree that he got beaten fair and square. Including Joshua himself.
        I haven't seen anybody say 'if Joshua wasn't off he would've beaten Ruiz' so I'm not sure why you made this dumb ass thread. To troll the Brits I suppose. Very mature. Gimme the list of your favorite fighters and I'm sure I'll find as or even more dumb and hilarious excuses they made when they lost their fights.

Hell, just look at Wilder and the list of excuses he made after the Fury fight. And those are excuses made by the fighter, not his fans.

Idiotic thread.
        Yeah, because Joshua literally came out and confirmed that all the reports, fake news, and rumors about an alleged panic attack, were 100% true and accurate. He NEVER denied those rumors nor accepted total responsibility for the loss, did he ?

A troll... is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory, profane, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Unfortunately, a small percentage of Americans (and Brits too) feel justified in troll behavior, because of some extreme or irritating fandom that takes place, (also from a small percentage of NSB users).
        Perhaps there IS a place for some good natured ribbing, mockery, and trash-talk between rivals, but from what I've witnessed, that line is either blurred, misunderstood, or blatantly crossed on a consistent basis here.

Boxing fans appear to be unique in that, instead of openly admitting or allowing bias, loyalty, or allegiance to a particular fighter, they will argue opinions as fact, with the utmost passion and unwavering attitudes. Instead of simply accepting that different opinions are permissible or even possible, they take offense, and resort to all sorts of name calling, character attacks, and backhanded insults.
        It's quite a phenomenon I've not really witnessed in other sports, EXCEPT when it comes to LeBron James in the NBA. I see the same type of disregard, disrespect, and general behaviors in the ongoing LBJ vs MJ social media debate as well, for some reason. Some dudes will practically die first or go fist-o-cuffs, before allowing for, or honoring a perspective that contradicts their own. In other sports it seems acceptable to just say, "Yeah, that's my guy", or "Yeah that's my team...", and the opposition just rolls with it or "respects" it. Not always so with boxing. It's often, "A FACT ! and if you think otherwise, then you're a no good, filth n foul, piece of this and less than that, know-nothing CASUAL !!!" . That's the one I love the most and most common...
        You CASUAL ! . "Mike Trout is not even HALF the ball player Barry Bonds was, You flippin CASUAL", said a baseball fan never. - Lol

Maybe it's the pugilistic nature of the sport, maybe it's the anonymous nature of the internet...but the vexatious banter that litters the threads of the NSB forums are either shameful or good entertainment. I'm not 100% sure which one yet, but it's something to behold.
        Peace.
        Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 06-07-2019, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
          Yeah, because Joshua literally came out and confirmed that all the reports, fake news, and rumors about an alleged panic attack, were 100% true and accurate. He NEVER denied those rumors nor accepted total responsibility for the loss, did he ?

A troll... is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory, profane, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Unfortunately, a small percentage of Americans (and Brits too) feel justified in troll behavior, because of some extreme or irritating fandom that takes place, (also from a small percentage of NSB users).
          Perhaps there IS a place for some good natured ribbing, mockery, and trash-talk between rivals, but from what I've witnessed, that line is either blurred, misunderstood, or blatantly crossed on a consistent basis here.

Boxing fans appear to be unique in that, instead of openly admitting or allowing bias, loyalty, or allegiance to a particular fighter, they will argue opinions as fact, with the utmost passion and unwavering attitudes. Instead of simply accepting that different opinions are permissible or even possible, they take offense, and resort to all sorts of name calling, character attacks, and backhanded insults.
          It's quite a phenomenon I've not really witnessed in other sports, EXCEPT when it comes to LeBron James in the NBA. I see the same type of disregard, disrespect, and general behaviors in the ongoing LBJ vs MJ social media debate as well, for some reason. Some dudes will practically die first or go fist-o-cuffs, before allowing for, or honoring a perspective that contradicts their own. In other sports it seems acceptable to just say, "Yeah, that's my guy", or "Yeah that's my team...", and the opposition just rolls with it or "respects" it. Not always so with boxing. It's often, "A FACT ! and if you think otherwise, then you're a no good, filth n foul, piece of this and less than that, know-nothing CASUAL !!!" That's the one I love the most and most common...
          You CASUAL ! "Mike Trout is not even HALF the ball player Barry Bonds was, You flippin CASUAL", said a baseball fan never. - Lol

Maybe it's the pugilistic nature of the sport, maybe it's the anonymous nature of the internet...but the vexatious banter that litters the threads of the NSB forums are either shameful or good entertainment. I'm not 100% sure which one yet, but it's something to behold.
          Peace.
          Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
          Oh so you mean like, the most "creative", "outrageous", "absurd" or something, rumored or manufactured excuse, suggested by fake news, sappy fans, twitter, or something like that … not an actual legit, fighter confirmed, fact checked, "worst excuse", right ?

I'm thinking like, what fighter came out and literally said, "Yeah I wasn't at my best because of X, Y, and Z, and this is why I lost..."
          Is that the kind of legit "poll" you're shooting for ? Or... a farcical one, aimed at creating an outlet for some good ole fashion mudslingin', ribbing, of the butt-hurt, irrational, annoying, obnoxious, fans, that make this community what it is ? Ya know, just some classy, noble, backhanded lil fun funnin', cuz they deserve it, huh ?.
          Wtf?, stfu and calm the f/ck down

Comment

Joshua didn't make the excuse himself. His fans did so...

Even though it was officially a draw I thought Wilders 'Fury was covered in baby oil, that's why I couldn't KO him' pretty hilarious

Comment

Working...
            X