Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pernell Whitaker vs Oscar De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Whitaker won a razor thin fight that could have gone either way.

Comment

There is a hospital in California that once reran Whitaker fights in the operating room when they ran out of anesthesia. They never had a problem putting a patient under.

Comment

Really? Here in New York, they usually use John Ruiz fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          I was under the impression they had switched to Mayweather fights years ago: A more potent sedative and safer to boot :floyd9:

Comment

Many hospitals now keep Whitaker, Ruiz and Mayweather fights on the shelves in their operating rooms in case of anesthesia shortages. The anesthesiologist judges how far under the patient needs to go. For deep trances, Ruiz fights are still the standard, since he had no defense or offense at all to rouse a viewer.
            Last edited by The Old LefHook; 06-10-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Oscar won and there shouldn't be any controversy. Whitaker frustrated but didn't throw enough, he lost the fight and can stfu.

Comment

I don't think Whitaker should have L's for the DLH or Chavez fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Ruiz - Golota was good.

Comment

I remember watching it and scored it for Whitaker by 1 point. What stood out was that Whitaker put on an amazing defensive performance but really didn't do a lot offensively which made it closer than it should've been. I'm no DLH fan but he was able to steal some rounds simply by being more active and of course the crowd was more pro Oscar so that swayed the judges a bit no doubt. Could've gone either way really, scorecards were totally out of touch with reality, but I wouldn't say this was a robbery. Whitaker definitely got robbed vs Ramirez and Chavez though.
                    Last edited by JK1700; 06-17-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      Whitaker made it too close. Allowed De La Hoya to steal the fight.
                      Nope.
                      De La Hoya was just better than Whitaker.
                      Whitaker is one dimensional compared to De La Hoya.
                      It wasn't close at all.

People talk about this guy like he was all that but the guy went life and death with the likes of Buddy Mcgirt and Hurtado. Hurtado was awful, The guy had nothing. And yet Whitaker got taken to hell by him.

Losing to a b level guy like Trinidad.

Quitting by faking a busted ankle against that mexican bum.

And I don't care what anyone says Ramirez kicked Whitakers a55!!

Comment

Working...
                      X