Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The Easiest Divisions To Setup A WBSS tournament?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Ideally you would want all the big names in a division, but obviously thats kinda unrealistic right now...
    There are many divisions where it's completely realistic to get two world champions, two top contenders and four contenders lower in the top 10 or 15.

Heavyweight isn't one of those divisions right now. So why would they worry about heavyweight, where they can't get the top guys, when they could just pick a division where they can get the top guys?

If they pick 154 pounds for instance, they can have the WBC champion, the WBA champion, their mandatories and several top contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
      There are many divisions where it's completely realistic to get two world champions, two top contenders and four contenders lower in the top 10 or 15.

Heavyweight isn't one of those divisions right now. So why would they worry about heavyweight, where they can't get the top guys, when they could just pick a division where they can get the top guys?

If they pick 154 pounds for instance, they can have the WBC champion, the WBA champion, their mandatories and several top contenders.
      Exactly... cruiser, 175, 168, 154, 140, 135, 130, 126 are all wide open with no big draws that can command over $2M paydays from HBO..

The tourney would be seen as an upgrade from HBO for all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
        If all the fights are on network TV you could essentially create a big name out of thin air with the winner. Who cars about the current "big names"... there's only a couple anyhow.
        Exactly... that's why I always said pbc should have done some tournaments to create guys for Thurman, Stevenson, etc to fight

Comment

Yeah i agree,,, sorry I was talking more about heavy and whatever class ggg and canelo are in, welter with manny...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Exactly... that's why I always said pbc should have done some tournaments to create guys for Thurman, Stevenson, etc to fight
            And that's what they are in the process of doing now with Schaefer.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              Unfortunately I don't see Arum going for it, so Ramirez probably ends up like Bute did in the Super Six

Zeuge, Groves, Abraham, DeGale, Dirrell or Smith (or perhaps both) and two or three out of Feigenbutz, Chudinov and De Carolis would be alright. It'd be really nice if they could make space for up-n-comers like Yildirim, Plant and Benavidez instead of the older guys though

If Abraham ends up in the tourney then you have to give him credit for taking part in another one after all these years
              He might let zurdo do it. I mean the guy can't even get an HBO date. Arum hypes him up like some Mexican superstar but nobody knows him. What better way than to win this tourney

Comment

160 doesn't make any sense because GGG controls the belts and HBO wouldn't let him participate. 160 would be pointless without GGG.

they'll focus on divisions where HBO has little to no influence.
                I was talking about the best tournament you could made in a division, and that's 160 right now IMO.

If politics don't allow this tournament to be made, that's another story bro.

Comment

Working...
                X