Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much has home advantage helped AJ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much has home advantage helped AJ?

From what I've been able to gather, AJ has fought his entire pro career in the UK, his Olympic gold was argued by some to be a "home decision" in London, and stretching through his amateur career, I could only find two instances of his leaving the UK - EABC in Turkey (finished 7th), and the AIBA in Azerbaijan (finished 2nd). Other than that, he's had the luxury of all his biggest fights being in friendly territory. Even now, facing a former champ and future HoFer, he still gets the home turf.

How much do you think a boxer fighting in their home country helps them? Or do you think it matters at all? Will he panic the first time a crowd boos him and starts chanting for the other fighter?

I'd say fighting a load of fatties that arnt there to fight back prolly helped him more.

that and the steroids

Comment

How has that helped him in the pros?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        I'd say fighting a load of fatties that arnt there to fight back prolly helped him more.

that and the steroids
        How big/tall are you?

Comment

WTF, the opposition he's faced like he's needed an advantage ! This thread for real or what ?

Comment

Whilst we on the AJ subject found this pic of him in camp last year.

https://img.ifcdn.com/images/82d4e7a...c528407f_1.jpg

Before VADA testing of course.
            Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 02-12-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

You should've put more thought into this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPugilist View Post
                From what I've been able to gather, AJ has fought his entire pro career in the UK, his Olympic gold was argued by some to be a "home decision" in London, and stretching through his amateur career, I could only find two instances of his leaving the UK - EABC in Turkey (finished 7th), and the AIBA in Azerbaijan (finished 2nd). Other than that, he's had the luxury of all his biggest fights being in friendly territory. Even now, facing a former champ and future HoFer, he still gets the home turf.

How much do you think a boxer fighting in their home country helps them? Or do you think it matters at all? Will he panic the first time a crowd boos him and starts chanting for the other fighter?
                He wasl ucky to get the win in the Olympic final but since then he has battered his opponents, so I dont see how fighting in those opponents backyards would have changed anything.

Comment

Hes still young in his career so it helps alot. The more fights he has the more comfortable hes going to get going other arenas.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Hes still young in his career so it helps alot. The more fights he has the more comfortable hes going to get going other arenas.
                    What countries has he fought in excluding ones of the UK ?

Comment

Working...
                    X