No announcement yet.

Garcia vs Thurman tickets are not available yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia vs Thurman tickets are not available yet

The fight is supposed to be a big fight and is 2 months away.

If fight fans from out of town want to make plans, book a hotel and buy tickets, it is getting close to becoming very inconvenient to do so.

Plus, you can't really market the fight until the tickets are able to be bought.

I understand this is no big deal for a regular fight, but for a fight that I would assume you want to be an important boxing event in 2017, the tickets should have been out already. The date and location are set. This makes no sense.

Golovkin vs Jacobs takes place two weeks later and those tickets have been out since December 23. Vlad vs Joshua doesn't happen until late April and those tickets have been out since mid December. This is why having a competent boxing promoter matters. A real promoter would want to promote the event, raise the profile of these two fighters, and bring some buzz to the city....and make money from actually selling tickets.

This is one of the drawbacks of the Haymon model.

I love this fight, by the way. I just wish the powerful people in the sport would stop sabotaging its potential for growth.
    Last edited by PK3434; 01-03-2017, 03:01 PM.

Still waiting for the venue to be confirmed so i can buy tickets.

Comment

Location not even confirmed yet. They may be trying to get it in Vegas with GGG-Jacobs just 2 weeks later at MSG.

Comment

I thought it was at Barclays...but even if you guys are correct about the venue not being finalized, that is some very unorganized ****.

Comment

Who's the promoter? We don't even know yet because we don't know tue location.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            There is no promoter. The promoter will be in name only.

Comment

Uh oh... Who will duck who?

Comment

Hope it's in vegas I'm planning on going there that weekend

Comment

use your head

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                  The fight is supposed to be a big fight and is 2 months away.

If fight fans from out of town want to make plans, book a hotel and buy tickets, it is getting close to becoming very inconvenient to do so.

Plus, you can't really market the fight until the tickets are able to be bought.

I understand this is no big deal for a regular fight, but for a fight that I would assume you want to be an important boxing event in 2017, the tickets should have been out already. The date and location are set. This makes no sense.

Golovkin vs Jacobs takes place two weeks later and those tickets have been out since December 23. Vlad vs Joshua doesn't happen until late April and those tickets have been out since mid December. This is why having a competent boxing promoter matters. A real promoter would want to promote the event, raise the profile of these two fighters, and bring some buzz to the city....and make money from actually selling tickets.

This is one of the drawbacks of the Haymon model.

I love this fight, by the way. I just wish the powerful people in the sport would stop sabotaging its potential for growth.
                  DiBella Entertainment/Mayweather Promotions are still selling tickets for James Degale(c) vs Badou Jack(c) at the exact same venue!

Come January 15th, it is very likely that Garcia-Thurman tickets for Barclays Center will go on sale, and the Showtime/CBS media blitz for the fight will begin (Frampton-Santa Cruz will see some of the press, as will Broner-Granados, with Showtime likely adding All Access to the fight in the lead up).

8 weeks, to market a fight that already saw the fires stoked in 2016, isn't all that bad a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    Lou DiBella is the promoter of the fight, as he was for Thurman-Porter and a host of the other big shows put on by PBC and Showtime.

Eight weeks to market a fight in Lou DiBella's home market (with the NY insurance fiasco finally sorted; aa move to Las Vegas would only give them 5 weeks after Frampton-Santa Cruz) is plenty of time, especially understanding that Barclay Center is looking to be the regular home for big fights (depending on how the schedule turns out, we are likely to see 5-7 big boxing events at Barclays Center).

Comment

Working...
                    X