No announcement yet.

Best divisions for tournaments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best divisions for tournaments

In which division would you like to see a tournament style schedule of match ups? Like how we had the Super Six? Personally, I would like to see it in these divisions...

Heavyweight: Like Super Six, with Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz, Wladimir and Parker.

Light Heavyweight: 4 Man Tournament, with Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson and Beterbiev.

Middleweight: 4 Man Tournament, with Golovkin, Canelo, Saunders and Jacobs.

Along with a few others, but you got the point.

Middleweight, lightweight, welterweight......

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      Middleweight, lightweight, welterweight......
      Imagine a tournament with Pacquiao, Spence, Thurman, Garcia, Bradley, Brook, Porter and Khan. Would be epic.

Comment

JMW

Hurd, Lubin, Charlos, Andrade, Canelo, Williams, Tony Harrison

Comment

believe it or not i think the heavyweight division would be a really interesting tournament for a undisputed champ that would bring the whole sport back to its prime

could be something like

joshua
          wilder
          clit
          ortiz
          parker
          fury
          haye

and just cause he deserves it the CHAMP himself Shannon the CANNON

Comment

Super Fly:
            Estrada, Gonzales, Cuadras, Ancajas, Arroyo, Yafai.

Super Feather:
            Vargas, Lomachenko, Pedraza, Sosa, Salido, Corrales, Farmer, Walters, Fortuna, Uchiyama, Miura.

Comment

HW, JMW, and WW are just screaming for tournaments. Sadly, we don't get true tournaments anymore because promoters don't cooperate.

Comment

Cruiserweight

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                  Cruiserweight
                  Who would you like in a tournament there?

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
                    In which division would you like to see a tournament style schedule of match ups? Like how we had the Super Six? Personally, I would like to see it in these divisions...

Heavyweight: Like Super Six, with Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz, Wladimir and Parker.

Light Heavyweight: 4 Man Tournament, with Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson and Beterbiev.

Middleweight: 4 Man Tournament, with Golovkin, Canelo, Saunders and Jacobs.

Along with a few others, but you got the point.
                    There's too much money to be made with other fights in your chosen division for any of those fighters to commit to the tournament format.

The easiest answer is you look at the divisions with talent but no real big-time stars, though pause the political stuff for a moment:

-135 (Linares, Flanagan, Mikey Garcia, Easter Jr, Zlaticanin, one of Shafikov/Petrov/Crolla)

-130 (Lomachenko, Vargas, Pedraza, Salido, Corrales/Uchiyama winner, Miura/Roman winner)

-122 (Rigondeuax, Magdaleno, Donaire, Servania, Flores, Guzman)

-118 (Warren, McDonnell, Payano, Haskins, Yamanaka, Tete)

If I had the money (i'd argue that $5m would be more than enough to put something together to keep everyone interested), I'd run the Super Six at bantamweight (118lbs)

Comment

Working...
                    X