No announcement yet.

Would you rather a fighter be active or fight every once in awhile

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you rather a fighter be active or fight every once in awhile

I see people complaining about Donaire who will have fought 4 times this year 3 fights being title fights,and i see some people complaining Floyd does not fight enough.So which one is it? you want fighters to be active or fight less? or will you just complain about anything because thats what i see here just posters complaining about anything. What will make you happy?

A lot of it would depend on if you're making like $2,000 or $2,000,000 a fight.

Comment

Pacquiao is a top tier fighter who gets paid millions and still is more active than Floyd. There's no excuse for that.

I want a fighter to stay active. Donaire is a great example.

Comment

I do not understand why people claim to be boxing fans yet all they do is complain about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
          I do not understand why people claim to be boxing fans yet all they do is complain about boxing.
          There are many reasons to complain about the sport. Especially when you see gift decisions given out too often. Also, too many titles keep alot of big fights from happening and greedy promoters keeping things in house is another good reason to complain. I think this is where most of the complaining comes from. In reference to the sport itself of boxing, I love it.

Comment

I see people complaining about Donaire who will have fought 4 times this year 3 fights being title fights,and i see some people complaining Floyd does not fight enough.So which one is it? you want fighters to be active or fight less? or will you just complain about anything because thats what i see here just posters complaining about anything. What will make you happy?
            people complaining about Donaire are and haters

he hasnt done a thing wrong. He's doing what a top 5 P4P fighter should be doing, fighting the best fighters and remaining active

what more do you want from the kid, he's dominating the sport

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
              There are many reasons to complain about the sport. Especially when you see gift decisions given out too often. Also, too many titles keep alot of big fights from happening and greedy promoters keeping things in house is another good reason to complain. I think this is where most of the complaining comes from. In reference to the sport itself of boxing, I love it.
              I can understand complaining about corruption but complaining just to be complaining is frustrating,it seems fighters can do no right.

Comment

You're changing the argument. It's not that people dislike Donaire fighting 4 times, it's the opposition he's facing that they have a problem with. People are criticizing Donaire/Arce on its own merit, not taking into account the bigger picture. The fight is a clear mismatch any way you look at it, and I'd rather he fight Poonsawat, and let Arce fight Rigondeaux. I don't have a problem with Donaire/Arce because of the fact that he's fought 3 times already, but the match-up itself is not competitive.

How many times someone fights should depend on their quality of opposition and how long their fights take. For example, Canelo only fought twice this year, which is horrible when you consider the caliber of opposition he faced. Fighting 3 times a year is the ideal, but it can become impossible for some fighters due to injuries.

Comment

Active if i want to build a legacy or establish a larger fanbase, fighting once a year for conscutive years is juat plain lazy and tbh ducking the competetion

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    You're changing the argument. It's not that people dislike Donaire fighting 4 times, it's the opposition he's facing that they have a problem with. People are criticizing Donaire/Arce on its own merit, not taking into account the bigger picture. The fight is a clear mismatch any way you look at it, and I'd rather he fight Poonsawat, and let Arce fight Rigondeaux. I don't have a problem with Donaire/Arce because of the fact that he's fought 3 times already, but the match-up itself is not competitive.

How many times someone fights should depend on their quality of opposition and how long their fights take. For example, Canelo only fought twice this year, which is horrible when you consider the caliber of opposition he faced. Fighting 3 times a year is the ideal, but it can become impossible for some fighters due to injuries.
                    He has fought 3 title fights this year,how can you be mad at that?

Comment

Working...
                    X