Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ruslan Chagaev Washed Up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chagaev doesn't have ko power and that is Walker's weakness. When was the last time Chagaev floored someone? I never thought much of Ruslan anyway so I'm not that surprised. Anyone have a link to this fight?

Comment

Bring on Haye!

Comment

I just caught the result and was about to make a similar thread. A close fight against Walker, who's gas tank makes Shannon Briggs look like Pacquiao (j/k both of their tanks are ****), is a terrible sign going in against Haye.

I guess that his hepatitis really did him in (although he never seemed good to me anyway). I've seen Wlad fans put Chagaev as his best win, but this (and what's coming after it) will really discredit it. Chagaev will be getting stopped by Haye and give him good hype going into a Klitschko fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MAЯA View Post
          Walker got jobbed and Chageav knew this, he nearly started to cry live at TV ahhahahaha
          Damn, so he even needed the judges help? SMH... Haye would body him.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
            I just caught the result and was about to make a similar thread. A close fight against Walker, who's gas tank makes Shannon Briggs look like Pacquiao (j/k both of their tanks are ****), is a terrible sign going in against Haye.

I guess that his hepatitis really did him in (although he never seemed good to me anyway). I've seen Wlad fans put Chagaev as his best win, but this (and what's coming after it) will really discredit it. Chagaev will be getting stopped by Haye and give him good hype going into a Klitschko fight.
            yeah best win in the Klitschkos resume is going to be Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
              Damn, so he even needed the judges help? SMH... Haye would body him.
              it wasnt even funny, I thought Haye is going to get his hands full with Chageav as his mando... damn, easy work for Haye.

I should have known better after the Mehan fight.

Comment

I don't really think you can be called washed up if you never really were anything.

Comment

I've followed Chagaev over the years and I was never too high on him. He's had numerous injuries that have caused him to be inactive for long periods of time and it shows. He did OK against Kali Meehan but he struggled with Carl Drummond and tonight with Travis Walker.

If he doesn't have an outstanding training camp before he fights Haye, he'll be KO'd within three rounds. If he can get back to where he was when he fought Valuev, he might be able to hang with Haye a little longer. In any scenario, I can't see him beating David...

Comment

yeah best win in the Klitschkos resume is going to be Haye.
                    If Haye fights both of them? Probably.
                    it wasnt even funny, I thought Haye is going to get his hands full with Chageav as his mando... damn, easy work for Haye.

I should have known better after the Mehan fight.
                    He hasn't even looked decent since before the Drummond fight. He has a good chin, but he would get demolished by Haye. All Walker has is pretty good defense and power, but is garbage in all tohe areas. Haye is Walker on steroids.

Comment

heres the sad part

even chagaev in his current state would be hayes toughest HW opponent so far not counting 7'2" freako valuev

comparing him to barret, harrison, and ruiz, all within a year of turning 40, hepatitis chagaev at 50% strength stacks up pretty well

Comment

Working...
                      X