Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The toughest fight my son ever had was against Emanuel Augustus back in 2000."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One things for sure, Calzaghe is full of **** about Cheatkins not being his hardest fight. Calzaghe had to fight the ref and the boxer on the same night. Thats what happens when you fight in America, the refs are as biased as any wheres else. Home-cooking is everywheres. Yeah, and the funny part is Hopkins didn't headbutt or clinch his very next opponent against Pavlik! Freaking hilarious!

And Bhop was the underdog against Pavlik because of the way he fought Calzaghe like he was holding onto him for dear life. Most people think you're passed it when you have to clinch a person to death, but what people didn't realize is that was his tactics against people who have faster hand-speed then his own!

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
      You know they are lying because they know everyone loves Emanuel Augustus style.
      Augustus, (then Burton) is not the only "drunken boxer" with that style, and when he's serious he forgets about it and gets down to business. People like him because he's incredibly good, and a really good sport. who can take punishment without flinching.

In the Mayweather fight, I don't think he messed around at all. Perhaps very few, which led him to be dealt a few wallops which quickly brought him back to the task at hand.

Mayweather really had to "go into the trenches" for this one, never mind the even tual result.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          those dudes lie... castillo was floyd's toughest fight

does closest always equate to toughest???

.......wait.....don't answer....i forgot who i was dealing with here.....

Comment

For once, I actually agree with Sr. on something. If you don't believe him, watch the Floyd/Augustus fight on youtube. Augustus broke Floyd's nose (which was bloody like a kitchen sink with its tap on) and on top of that, Floyd had a broken right or left hand. Floyd really had to pull something out of his bag of tricks with that one to knock Augustus out.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              does closest always equate to toughest???

.......wait.....don't answer....i forgot who i was dealing with here.....
              Even I won't answer...........

Comment

Originally posted by snd_dsigner_dan View Post
                For once, I actually agree with Sr. on something. If you don't believe him, watch the Floyd/Augustus fight on youtube. Augustus broke Floyd's nose (which was bloody like a kitchen sink with its tap on) and on top of that, Floyd had a broken right or left hand. Floyd really had to pull something out of his bag of tricks with that one to knock Augustus out.
                At least YOU know what you're talking about. The others boggle the mind.

Comment

I would have to agree.

Comment

augustus was his hardest fight, why? bcuz floyd said so himself, and who knows better than him which fight was the hardest? why would he lie anyways? aint no beef with him and castillo. castillo was his closest fight, but nobody beat floyd up in his career like augustus did. in fact nobody except for augustus (castillo included) ever beat floyd up at all.

augustus madeit a war, doing so he had to take alot of shots which caused him to lose rounds but he took them and kept coming. he was able to get to floyd with his punches and put heat on him every second of every round, even though floyd won clearly it was the most he ever had to work in his career.

keep in mind floyd fought castillo with one arm, u saw what happened in the rematch when he had both arms. augustus deserves credit for fighting floyd at 100% and giving him a hard fight, castillo just got lucky floyd came into the fight injured. when floyd was 100% he toyed with castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      those dudes lie... castillo was floyd's toughest fight
                      it looked like his toughest fight because most people agree that Castillo won

but I guess Augustus was tougher for Floyd because that he took punishment in that fight like he never did in any other fight, it doesn't matter if Augustus was well behind on the cards or not, he gave Floyd hell

Comment

Working...
                      X