Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Country produces the most hypejobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK. .

Comment

Originally posted by luke_ski View Post
      Bull****, last pope beat a bullet.

Hard to say, Ricky Hatton, David Haye, Junior Witter...then there's Juan Diaz (I guess the jury's still out, but COME ON!), Tye Fields, Gerry Cooney, somewhat ****ty examples, but you get my point that every nation has their share. It's just hard because guys are probably built up more in their own countries, and residents of one country versus another may have a skewed perspective. If you lived in the UK, you may have been more hyped up about Ricky Hatton, or Juan Diaz if you were from Texas, so it's hard to judge.

On the other hand, Diaz sucks, I'm going with Texas.
      And I'm pretty sure a knife too. Then went to prison to forgive both of them, talk about salt in the wounds.

Though I think he would have counted as Polish since he spent more of his early life there.

Comment

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
        I'd say Mexico, here's why. Mexican fighters in general gets so much t.v exposure yet, most of 'em are ****!!

Now, don't get me wrong every country has their list of hypejobs. But it's easier for a Mexican fighter to get that exposure than other boxers from foreign countries.

Lets take the Filipino fighters for example, now, if it wasn't for PAC, they would not have even gotten the exposure that they have gotten, hypejob or not! I mean, I find it sad that a fighter of Gerry Penalosa's caliber only started getting the U.S. exposure due to PAC's popularity, when in fact, Gerry has been a world-class @ss kicker and use to hand PAC his @ss in sparring sessions!

Here's an example, Angulo, that guy, if he wasn't a Mexi****. What is so special about him that he gets t.v. spots. Promoters and a certain cable channel is so hungry for that me*ican star that they're forcing these garbage @ss wanna-be mexican warriors down our throats!

F**k Vicky Ortiz and Juanita Diaz, gimme Nonito and Viloria all day!
        Get the **** out of here with that never ending t.v exposure excuse.Mexico has consistently proven that it is up there as one of the boxing superpowers of the world.Can't really say that about the Phillipines can we?

Let's see you had Bautista as the next "Pac", he got ktfo by the worst Mexican champ ever.You had Z Gorres the best "technical" fighter you guys had, got beat by Montiel in his own hometown.You had Mayol the next "Ricardo Lopez" got ktfo by the Mexican softie Solis.You had Florante Condes the "Pac of the lower divisions" got schooled by guess what, a Mexican uknown Garcia.You had Viloria the next pinoy "golden boy" and guess what he got outboxed by a mediocre Mexican unknown Nino.Even your so called "world class @ss kicker" Penalosa got outboxed by the worst Mexican champ ever.A.J Banal your other "next pac" got ktfo by a bum who got koed by over the hill past his prime, punching bag Arce.And recently your next hero Concepcion got totally embarrassed by a real boxer Steven Luevano.He was so thoroughly outboxed he had to resort to cheating.

So who are the real hypejobs?

Angulo is deserving of the hype he has received.He has a good record and has faced and defeated good opposition for only having 16 fights.So he lost to a former champ that is still in his prime and has great power and decent boxing skills.He made it close and I believe he would beat him in the rematch.Ortiz can still bounce back.If Khan is a champ after being ktfo by a bum a year ago, why can't Ortiz?
        Last edited by -Mbandit-; 08-26-2009, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Chris Arreola, Daniel Jacobs, James Kirkland, Andre Berto, Lamont Peterson, Anthony Peterson, Steve Cunningham, Jeff Lacy, Jermain Taylor, Sergio Mora, Kelly Pavlik, Fernando Vargas, Victor Ortiz, Paul Williams, Paulie Malignaggi, Juan Diaz, Zab Judah, Kendall Holt, Demetrius Hopkins.

Also there's literally 100+ foriegn fighters based in the USA who are flat out overhyped in that country. Think Vic Darchinyan, Sam Peter, Edison Miranda... the list is endless.

All these and this is just going off recent times.

There is no other answer, just delusions.

Comment

Originally posted by mbandit View Post
            Get the **** out of here with that never ending t.v exposure excuse.Mexico has consistently proven that it is up there as one of the boxing superpowers of the world.Can't really say that about the Phillipines can we?

Let's see you had Bautista as the next "Pac", he got ktfo by the worst Mexican champ ever.You had Z Gorres the best "technical" fighter you guys had, got beat by Montiel in his own hometown.You had Mayol the next "Ricardo Lopez" got ktfo by the Mexican softie Solis.You had Florante Condes the "Pac of the lower divisions" got schooled by guess what, a Mexican uknown Garcia.You had Viloria the next pinoy "golden boy" and guess what he got outboxed by a mediocre Mexican unknown Nino.Even your so called "world class @ss kicker" Penalosa got outboxed by the worst Mexican champ ever.A.J Banal your other "next pac" got ktfo by a bum who got koed by over the hill past his prime, punching bag Arce.And recently your next hero Concepcion got totally embarrassed by a real boxer Steven Luevano.He was so thoroughly outboxed he had to resort to cheating.

So who are the real hypejobs?

Angulo is deserving of the hype he has received.He has a good record and has faced and defeated good opposition for only having 16 fights.So he lost to a former champ that is still in his prime and has great power and decent boxing skills.He made it close and I believe he would beat him in the rematch.Ortiz can still bounce back.If Khan is a champ after being ktfo by a bum a year ago, why can't Ortiz?
            So JCC Jr is not a hypejob huh?

I have no complain about that Rey "Bum BUm" Bautista is a hypejob coz he really is. Just accept the fact that each country have a hypejob fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by el_tino View Post
              So JCC Jr is not a hypejob huh?

I have no complain about that Rey "Bum BUm" Bautista is a hypejob coz he really is. Just accept the fact that each country have a hypejob fighters.
              I know bro, I can probably make a list foe Mexico as long as the one I just made.And not just for Mexico but for every country. in boxing.I was just messing with "we want floyd" he always seem to hate on Mexican fighters so i gave him a dose of his own medicine.He's like the pinoy xcaret, just a little but smarter though..lol

And yeah, JCC J.R sucks ass.I hope someone ktfoh soon!

Comment

Wow England is winning?

That's ridiculous.

Someone give me a list of at least 7 English hypejobs.

Comment

Jeff Lacy, nuff said!!!!

Comment

its a battle between the US and UK......as usual!!!

Comment

The US has a tendancy to overrate their domestic scene which leads to overhyping the young kids that blow through the crap underbelly of US boxing.

The rest of the world usualy know that their boxers should be judged on the level of opposition not on the "0"

IF you ever watch a Hattin highlight reel preTzsyu and you always here him and the commentators talking about how he is moving up to the next level or making the top fighters take notice.

Listen to a Ortiz highlight reel and you would thing he'd been world champ for 20 fights already.

Comment

Working...
                      X