Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Wilder Will Take Trilogy For One Reason - It's Called Money!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine this idiot talking every day... what if the right hand got to you and you couldn't bully him

Comment

Most thought he should have went back to the drawing board. This is clearly about pride more than money

Comment

I thought wilder would win the first, then I knew fury would win the second because wilder got too arrogant and said fury had no power. Now I am hoping wilder beats fury because Fury has just gotten way too arrogant and the Muhammad Ali routine has gotten stale. He’s not Ali....not by a long shot

Comment

Not just money but anybody with heart would want the 3rd fight immediatly if u felt is was a fluke. Though fury is alot better boxer than wilder not saying much cause wilder cant box or brawl im actually rooting for wilder in fight 3 simply cause i like seeing comebacks from a massive defeat. Also its obvious most ppl on wilder team outside breeland dont believe in wilder and is just there for the ride. So im hoping wilder defeats fury or makes it very very competitive and then fires most there team after especially deas. Any logical coach would not only play to the fighters strengths but work on the weaknesses to minimize em wilder should atleast be out there using the jab as a weapon and throwing basic combos . have some type of inside game atleast

Comment

I mean, he is a prize fighter

Comment

BUMSQUAD will be back to fighting unranked bums again in 2021

Comment

Wow....a guy fighting a fight that gives him the most money.................

Amazing thought process, Fury

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                  BUMSQUAD will be back to fighting unranked bums again in 2021
                  How many unranked (below the top 20) has Fury fought ?

Comment

Originally posted by 184guy2 View Post
                    Only these dellusional toxic Fury's fans wants him to win and think that's the best for the HW division
                    No, the toxic Fury fans as you call them want Fury to win because they support him and want him to beat all that come before him.,

Just like Wilder and AJ fans want them guys to win.

The Neutrals want to see good fights and hopefully all fans want to see unifications

What's best for the division isn't any of Wilder, Fury, AJ or any other boxers fans concerns, they want the bloke they support to win and dominate. They aren't going to sit and say "hey, i could do with my guy losing so everyone's on a loss and potentially make everyone more money". Money made ain't squat on fans minds, it's not going in their pockets.

The only thing best for the HW division is that we stop this bravado and get it all sorted, so we see the fights people want to see.....

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      If Wilder understood about prize fighting he would have signed to fight AJ in 2018 when his highest pay was 2 million.

If Wilder wanted money he would just wait for undisputed out of the winner of Fury and AJ. . He’s taking the rematch because he said AJ would run from Ruiz ,he would look stupid if he stepped aside. His best bet really is fake an injury or go on social media and say he’s injured and won’t be ready since he’s full of excuses it won’t matter .
                      Wilder's understanding of the "prize," as told to him by his team, is that the fight a) could make substantially more money in the U.S., and b) he could make substantially more than he would from accepting a "flat-fee" offer. He was not alone in his understanding:

The games being played and why it means Joshua-Wilder won't be next
                      April 16, 2018
                      ESPN
                      Dan Rafael

The main reason is that, at least when it comes to actions instead of words, it seems like the Joshua camp is not actually serious about pursuing one of the biggest fights in the sport and easily the biggest fight in the heavyweight division in many years.

I 100 percent believe the Wilder camp wants this fight and wants it next. I also have no doubt Wilder would be willing to travel to Joshua's home turf in the United Kingdom for the bout. Wilder has said so repeatedly and showed his road warrior spirit by previously signing to go to Moscow to defend his belt against Alexander Povetkin, until PEDvetkin failed a drug test and the fight was canceled (and Wilder later won a $4 million court judgment against him and his promoter).

If Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) wants the fight with Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) next, it sure doesn't seem that way, regardless of what he says. It's clear in the offer Joshua's promoter, Matchroom Boxing's Eddie Hearn, recently made to the Wilder camp: a flat fee of $12.5 million, take it or leave it, for Wilder's participation in the fight.

Of course, $12.5 million large is giant money for most people, but for a fight of this magnitude, it is not a serious offer. If Wilder's team -- managers Al Haymon, Shelly Finkel and Jay Deas and promoter Lou DiBella -- accepted the deal, they would be committing malpractice on behalf of their client.

For Team Joshua to take Wilder as a $12.5 million expense without cutting him in for a large percentage of an event that could generate in the high eight figures is a joke. When Joshua faced Joseph Parker to unify their three belts last month, the Parker camp got one-third of the money in the event. Wilder is worth more than that, obviously; he brings the last piece of the undisputed title to the table, he brings a bigger fan base and, on his own, he generates more money than Parker does.

If Parker is worth a third, Wilder is easily worth at least that much and probably even a few more points. His side has stated it knows it's not getting 50-50 and hasn't asked for it, but to be offered a flat fee is not a real offer. It's an offer meant for the Joshua team to be able to run around and say, "Hey, we made an offer, and Team Wilder turned it down." It's called playing games, and it's nothing new in boxing.

A little history lesson: When we were bogged down in the will-they-or-won't-they nonsense of the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao saga, Mayweather at one point offered Pacquiao a flat fee of $40 million. That's monster money, but not in the context of that event. Pacquiao rightfully said no. When the fight was finally made, Pacquiao got 40 percent of the pie and earned well over $100 million.

Joshua-Wilder is the exact same situation but for less money. Wilder and his team would be foolish to accept such a laughable offer, and Joshua's camp knows it -- which is why, at this point, all talk the of Joshua-Wilder being next is nothing more than a game boxing fans are not interested in playing.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ean-fight-next

Maybe you disagree, but you know who agrees?

DAZN Exec Chairman John Skipper Admits To “Messing Up” $100m Deontay Wilder Deal!
                      Boxing News 24
                      November 21, 2019:

In March John Skipper the Executive Chairman of DAZN tried to secure America’s next biggest Heavyweight Star Deontay Wilder to a 3 fight network deal which totalled $100 million dollars which was an astronomical amount to say the least.

The news of this $100m deal sent shock waves through the boxing world and many were convinced Deontay Wilder must be very valuable and this deal was a “no brainer” and surely he would take it right away.

The mega $100 million dollar deal ultimately FAILED and disappeared with some calling the Champion Deontay Wilder a FOOL for declining such a deal. In an interview with LANCE PUGMIRE of the ATHLETIC.com DAZN Executive chairman John Skipper was quoted as saying :

In retrospect, I was too brash going in there without creating the relationships I needed to create with the people who advised Deontay Wilder. I have now worked to do that. It has to do with going back to the education I needed before getting into boxing … When we left that (Wilder) meeting, I KNEW WE MESSED UP and that we weren’t going to be successful (Wilder)...

“We were IMPATIENT, and after having some early success, we wanted to MOVE QUICKLY. Now I understand that I’ve got to work relationships, work within a framework and understand other peoples’ self-interests and needs as well … If I had to do it again, I’d have gone in and said, ‘I’m playing the long game.’ I’m playing the long game with Canelo and GGG, too.”.

https://www.************.com/2019/11...y-wilder-deal/

Comment

Working...
                      X