No announcement yet.

Red dead Redemption 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Is it true it takes a long time to travel in Red Dead Redemption 2?
    Yes, it almost put me off the game, takes far too ****ing long to get places, it really misses GTA5's taxi feature

Comment

RDR is an amazing game. Going to go through it again soon. Absolutely epic. Best game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        I doubt we'll get RDR3 before 2024 as they're most likely working on GTA6. Game companies usually have 90% of their game devs working on the main game that they're focusing on as a studio with some people probably working on VERY early concepts of other games. They don't really start full teams from scratch or shift full teams to work on the other game whilst they have another major game in development. Once the main game they have focused on is done for the most part, they then move them over to the other newer game.

If they did a proper job of switching between both characters like GTA5, I would be in. Josiah and Dutch are very different people. Maybe make Dutch's questline more action based and Josiah's more politic based with obviously certain bits of the story overlapping.

If it's just another story like RDR2 that contains both then I don't think it will sell that well. They will have to do something radically different. RDR2 had obvious positives but it also has its fair share of bad points.

Yeah, it's not that bad towards the end when you discover more travel points and you have a quick horse though.
        That's the only thing I dislike about Rockstar games. Things that unlock way too late in the game. Like the black ninja outfit that makes you virtually undetectable in Bully unlocks either when the game is already over or when you can only use it to get a few collectibles, depending on if you do all the story missions first or the collectibles. And speaking on Rockstar working on new games, I wonder if they'll ever do a sequel to Bully. Swegta has speculated about that on his Bully youtube channel, which has pretty much become news about Rockstar lately. I heard Dan Houser left, who was a key figure in the company for many years.
        Last edited by Anthony342; 02-07-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I heard that Dan Houser left the company.

Good luck to rockstar then. Since apparently the brother that stayed is the one who loves online shyte.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I heard that Dan Houser left the company.

Good luck to rockstar then. Since apparently the brother that stayed is the one who loves online shyte.
            So then that means offline gameplay will probably go downhill and now be full of crappy micro transactions?

Comment

So then that means offline gameplay will probably go downhill and now be full of crappy micro transactions?
              That's what my buddy is expecting.

He's a huge Rockstar fan and writes scripts himself. He's thinking it's going to be exactly like how you describe it.

Comment

He's a huge Rockstar fan and writes scripts himself. He's thinking it's going to be exactly like how you describe it.
                I hope not. I never even bother with the online part of the game. No interest at all.

Comment

Does he write scripts for video games, movies, TV, all of the above?

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
                    I hope not. I never even bother with the online part of the game. No interest at all.
                    Me neither, but everyone seems to be obsessed with it since online seems to be the bigger emphasis on newer games as well as DLC. At least the latter is easier to get with newer consoles. It just sucks they make you buy the game sooner to get some DLC or else you have to buy it on Ebay. I liked it better when it was all on the game disc. It sucks in the Friday the 13th game that you only get to play as a counselor online and not off. I guess they didn't get enough money for their kickstarter campaign for that.

Comment

Me neither, but everyone seems to be obsessed with it since online seems to be the bigger emphasis on newer games as well as DLC. At least the latter is easier to get with newer consoles. It just sucks they make you buy the game sooner to get some DLC or else you have to buy it on Ebay. I liked it better when it was all on the game disc.
                      Yeah, same for me. I don't mind some bonus missions on a DLC, but all the online only content never interests me. How good a game is is all about the main campaign.

Hopefully that is still the main focus of RDR3, as it will be quite a wait still, and if it comes out mainly featuring online only content I will not be buying it.

Comment

Working...
                      X