No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez comeback thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez comeback thread.

Yes, I know there's another thread for this.

I just want to post in the OP what was confirmed.

He asked for a professional boxing license in Argentina. He got the approval a few days ago.

His manager said it was for "personal reasons" and others have said he requested this because he will film some movie or do some documentary.

Thing is, you don't need a boxing license in Argentina to do sparring or to box in a movie.

In fact, he appeared a few months ago in some movie, without a boxing license, and being quite out of shape.

It seems like he's been training lately because he's in better shape now. Muscles coming out again and less fat.

What happened now to be evaluating the return to the activity? It was Lewkowicz himself who referred to the possibility. "He does not need money, he's going to make a movie, they asked him to lose weight, and when he started training, he got stronger, he told me that he felt good, that the knee was perfect," they are asking me to be perfect. conditions, with a license, and I want to go back, "he told me," SL explained in a dialogue with Ring Side on La Red.

Look also: A lot to lose, little to win

"He does not need to go back for his business, I told him that if he were given the license, everything he did would be his if he wanted to return." The decision I make, even if I do not accept it, I will respect it. I'm going to charge him for a cent, my opinion is that he does not come back, "Sampson added regarding the professional-work relationship they might have again.

In addition, the agent himself said that SM had wanted to continue after the defeat against Cotto, but at that time he managed to stop and the boxer ended up coming to his senses, retiring from the professional activity months later. Now, it can be different.
    https://www.ole.com.ar/boxeo/maravil...056594395.html
    Last edited by _Maxi; 07-26-2018, 12:54 PM.

He can run, but he can't hide.

Comment

Come back and fight GGG since you wouldn't fight him before you retired.

My guess is he gained some weight so if he can't make 160, fight Uzcategui at 168 or Ward at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
        He can run, but he can't hide.
        he can't run...

Comment

Golovkin v Martinez would be a big fight

Comment

Let's give dude the benefit of the doubt & see what he has left...
            IF he fights in Cali I'll check it out live.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
              Golovkin v Martinez would be a big fight
              Or the rematch against Chavez jr at 168.

Comment

At this point, a fight between him and Caleb Truax would be a barnburner.

Comment

the king is back.

the knees are healthy now. that's why Cotto retired smh.

Comment

Originally posted by the madison View Post
                    golovkin v martinez would be a big fight
                    lmfao!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X