No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Tabs Elegele For Sparring Ahead of Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
    I'd be curious to know how much money Floyd pays his sparring partners.
    In the old days, before Clay, boxers were paid by the round when Clay came he paid(rather his over-priced attorneys that drained him) by contract as he went thru many 4 many reasons. Quick story: When he just turned pro he hired a guy outta Augusata, GA, Solomon McTier(spelling?), National amateur champ in '56, he knocked young Cassius down several times in 1 session & was gone, & Soloman was a small Hvy Wt...Solomaon got his $$.

Comment

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
      Probably higher than most would get paid to go into a lesser paid fighters camp. One would assume.
      I would assume the same thing; that's the reason I bring it up. For a guy getting paid 30 mil dollars for his next fight, I suspect his sparring partners are paid quite nicely.

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      In the old days, before Clay, boxers were paid by the round when Clay came he paid(rather his over-priced attorneys that drained him) by contract as he went thru many 4 many reasons. Quick story: When he just turned pro he hired a guy outta Augusata, GA, Solomon McTier(spelling?), National amateur champ in '56, he knocked young Cassius down several times in 1 session & was gone, & Soloman was a small Hvy Wt...Solomaon got his $$.
      Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

No matter; never will they be satisfied

I believe Floyd has fought all the best opponents in his weight class; a number of people do not believe "The Ghost" is good enough. If he is not good enough I'm interested in knowing who is in (147) weight class?

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          I pick Robert to win! Floyd will land a million right hands, and Robert wont feel it for a second! When Berto had him staggered, he NEVER stops swarming! Floyd wont even stagger the guy anyway! Floyd's lack of power will hunt him in this fight! Also Robert dont telegraph! Cotto was shot and slow, and he landed slow left hands! Robert is going to BEAT Floyd's ass! His power at ww is AMAZING too! He should have gotten a 3rd round TKO over Berto! I am willing to make bets on here, but I dont know how! Add me, and later on we can talk! Robert will win, and I dont think it will even be close! Mares-Moreno style, Cotto-Judah style! No power=Assbeating!
          ^^^^^^^^^^This BS right here....

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
          Good story, but Clay? Who are you, Patterson or Terrell?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
            So he finally defends his WBC belt after a year and a half
            interesting how arum never had MP listed as a mandatory for the WBC belt against fighters that had the belts from goldenboy why is that?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
              ^^^^^^^^^^This BS right here....

Good story, but Clay? Who are you, Patterson or Terrell?
              Call it bs, you predict a winner based on hype! "Aww Floyd's unbeatable, Robert eats right hands, he is a light weight!" Floyd's lack of power is going to catch up to him, and if slow ass cotto can land left hands, Robert is going to beat Floyd's ass, I dont even see it as being a close fight! Robert does NOT telegraph! Hit me up on fightweek, and I WILL be making bets! Im not changing my prediction! And btw, everyone in the media who knows boxing, knows how hard it will be for Floyd! Only dumb fans who base their predictions on hype, havent really sat and thought about BOTH fighter's LAST fight!

Comment

Working...
              X