No announcement yet.

What Network should Canelo sign with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    If you can't see how those comments are huge slights at Canelo I can't help you.
    I'm dying to understand what Canelo should take offense to here. Please point out the exact line that Canelo should be dissed by? There's nothing there. If anything he's trashing fans as dumb for not knowing how to score a fight.

If you read between the lines he's saying the fight was close, but fans think GGG deserved the W & then Lampley jumps the shark by acting like GGG is some 2nd coming Ali in worldwide attention cuz of people who don't know how to score fights. There's very lil about Canelo in these remarks to begin with.

[quote]According to ESPN reporting yesterday Oscar is saying his contract is up I guess there could be a fight since HBO is saying he's not up or they may have options.[quote]

Your contract can be up, but matching rights are in play almost for sure. HBO had matching rights with Tyson & Floyd before Canelo, but let them leave. They had other sh^t back then doe. They got very little know so I'd be shocked if they let Canelo go AND stay in the boxing business.

"We strongly feel this was Canelo's last fight with HBO because his contract is up and my lawyers strongly feel the contract is up," De La Hoya said. "But the great partners that we are, we will always give HBO the first [right of negotiation] and the last [look]."
    LOL Oscar is an idiot first off. A high level lucky idiot, but a idiot all the same. And this claim of giving HBO the first & last look is exactly what I'm talking about and I'd bet just about everything its in the contract so Oscar is playing semantics knowingly or unknowingly, unknowingly cuz he is an idiot lets be honest.

The contract IS over. GGG was the last bout. BUT there are matching rights/first & last looks before he could go elsewhere.

Comment

It'd be best to go fight by fight and see who throws the most money at him but it ain't going to be like that.

He's going to sign with HBO so fishnets will continue to keep him away from the Charlo's and anyone else not on Gayboy/HBO

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Why do you think Showtime & ESPN are out?

I think Espinoza would find some money if he could get Canelo. And ESPN already has a relationship with GBP.

Why do you think NBC is a player for Canelo's services?
        Because Oscar De La Hoya acted in extreme bad faith when he ****ed Espinoza out of their handshake deal to feature Canelo on Showtime (just as the Haymon experiment was beginning). Business is business, but a lot of boxing seems to be done largely on good faith.

Tecate is paying ESPN for Golden Boy's current time-buy deal, and ESPN has already made it clear that Top Rank is their house promoter, and that won't change for the next few years.

I brought up NBC simply because they've shown an interest in combat sports, yet they're the only main channel without a deal.

Showtime/CBS has their deal, FOX/FS1 has their deal, ESPN/ABC has the deal with Top Rank, which leaves NBC

Comment

What is HBO even offering Golden Boy these days? They not even buying fights or giving dates anyway. Golden Boy just signed a deal with Facebook getting money from them because HBO's pocket is closed. Golden Boy does all the heavy lifting in promoting Canelo's PPV's anyway. What the phuk does HBO do for these events? I do agree that I could see Golden Boy leveraging where ever Canelo lands with a overall package of dates and budget for the rest of their fighters. But if that's the case then that's even less reason to stay with HBO they have nothing to offer Oscar that's why he signed the Facebook deal.
          How much money do you honestly think that Facebook deal is worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            How much money do you honestly think that Facebook deal is worth?
            This is from Forbes, "Facebook will pay a rights fee estimated to be $250,000 to $1 million per event, according to sources."
            https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...mpression=true

Comment

Stay at HBO! He has Complete Leverage, they don't have anybody else they have to give Canelo and Oscar whatever they want

Really just need HBO to Distribute PPV's that is it really

Comment

He is the biggest name in boxing he should just fight on whatever network offers the most money. Don’t sign an exclusive deal for a fixed amount of fights. Just take it on a fight by fight basis

Comment

It's clear he's not going back to HBO now lol He's the biggest star they will all throw whatever money he wants at him. But what's the best place for him to land?
                  None, everything should be per fight basis, unless they give him ownership+points on the backend.

Don't back yourself into a corner like, his stock is at an all time high with his GGG win.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Stay at HBO! He has Complete Leverage, they don't have anybody else they have to give Canelo and Oscar whatever they want

Really just need HBO to Distribute PPV's that is it really
                    HBO is getting out of the sports game.

They have plenty of high dollar projects in the works and just don't have the cash for sport programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                      Free agent unless ESPN throws massive money at him
                      With what cash? ESPN is on a cash leash, remember who the largest shareholder of Disney is now. I'll give you a hint the family name starts with a M and ends with an H.

Comment

Working...
                      X