Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 330 lbs and want to lose weight to get in a boxing gym but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

I'm a licensed amateur and have been for years, been lacing em up since 06 lol. I also fight at 147 and don't even float above 160 walking around, probably about 153 now, on keto. Search for my first thead on BoxingScene, I joined this site for some advice myself.
    Word on the street is your licensed alright, out of prison on license.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

I'm a licensed amateur and have been for years, been lacing em up since 06 lol. I also fight at 147 and don't even float above 160 walking around, probably about 153 now, on keto. Search for my first thead on BoxingScene, I joined this site for some advice myself.
      Have you managed to protect the O?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Look into the slow carb diet.

Find a track near you and run the straight sections, walk the curves. Do that 4 times around the track to start, then gradually increase the amount of work as you get in better shape.
        Sprint the straight portion of the track, walk the corner and then repeat.....Rockin'

Comment

30 grams of protein within 3 hours of waking up (you burn 50% more fat for the day), keep your calories between 1200-1500 a day, eat at least 100 grams of protein a day and keep your carbs under 50. Start off walking a couple of miles a day until you can do more or run and hit the weights. Also, if you're going to drink alcohol, try to only do it once every 2 weeks. 2 drinks causes you to stop burning fat for 24 hours.

Comment

If your 330lb I wouldn't run, just find a stationary bike or elliptical to work on. Once you lose weight and improve your cardio you can graduate to running.

Improve your diet. Find your TDEE and eat at a TDEE-500 calorie deficit.

Lift weights.

Do not drink your calories, drink water instead. In fact drink a lot of water with meals, helps make you feel full.

Join a gym and go there 4-5 days a week. Being in a gym will put you in that work mentality. Protip: no one cares that you're a fatass in the gym as long as your working and not staring at your phone.

Do this for 8 months.
            Last edited by anonymous2.0; 09-13-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKIE420247 View Post
              Jump rope
              bruh he's 300+ lb, are you trying to kill his knees and ankles?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                Sprint the straight portion of the track, walk the corner and then repeat.....Rockin'
                HIIT....
                That’s how to do it

Comment

330 lbs. sounds a bit too big for more intense exercise. Stick to taking power walks around the block or somewhere with hills until you shed a few pounds with dieting. The most popular diet about now is the keto diet and from personal experience it really works. Get good sources of fat like avocado, eggs, cheese, nuts, oils. Get good sources of protien like chicken, beef, pork, fish, eggs, nuts, ect. Eat them leafy greens but avoid sugary and starchy veggies. Always eat the amount of protein your body needs daily and eat plenty of fat but maintain a caloric deficit.

Cut sugar and carbs completely. Limit yourself to under 25 net carbs a day.Sounds tough at first but it's easy as hell. Look at Tyson Fury he dropped tons a weight in a short amount of time doing keto and while he was consuming 3,500 calories a day. As long as you burn it you can eat up. Eventually you can start treating yourself to the things you love you just gotta set some goals first. Cut the pleasure food with no nutritional value and drink electrolyte water to get your body to manage the sugar cravings. 1/4 tsp Morton Lite Salt, 1 Tbsp Magnesium Citrate, a sugar free flavor of your choice like stevia liquid drops or Mio in an 18 oz water try having 2 a day.

Have cheese burgers with no bread. Have a big salad with all the meat and cheese you want. I love tacos but I can't have tortillas. So I use butter lettuce and throw all the goods on pieces of that. No bread, no pasta, No soda. No candy or any type of sugary sweets. Zero calorie/zero sugar is the way to go as long as you can avoid aspartame and sucralose. Tons and tons of H20. You'll shed a lot of weight quickly and manage cravings a lot easier as you go. I'm almost never hungry and never get full to the point of hating myself anymore. Some days I eat because I realize that I haven't yet. I dropped 60 lbs in 4 months so I recommend it. I was pretty heavy myself. Still am but don't plan on being so much longer.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto
                  Last edited by Panopticon; 09-13-2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Walking running is free also less food in your mouth will put money in your pocket .
                    lmfao all facts

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
                      keto
                      I was thinking about recommending that myself but I wanted him to avoid a burnout. At 330 jumping into keto and exercising might be too much in the beginning, at least imo. I'd say do some basic CICO, eat at a deficit, then after things become routine and your comfortable with your diet and exercising then go into keto and/or IF.

Comment

Working...
                      X